Masking the Smell of Marijuana
We all know it's more comfortable to smoke in the privacy of your own house, bedroom, or sheltered from the elements. So, this will help you keep your marijuana use concealed even indoors.
* Tube / Sploof / Etc. - One of the most common ways to hide the odor of marijuana smoke indoors is by using a tube, also known as a sploof. It is simply a toilet paper roll with dryer sheets stuffed in it that you use to blow the smoke through, masking it with the smell of the dryer sheet. Be sure to only use this method for bowls, because it is pointless to use with a blunt or joint, since the smoke still gets into the air from the still burning marijuana. If your bowl remains burning in between hits, cover it to extinguish the embers and prevent smoke from eminating from the bowl.
* Febreeze - or any other odor eliminating spray will eliminate nearly all marijuana odor if you are smoking in a confined space (bathroom, basement, etc.). However, if used in large rooms, it loses effect since it requires more Febreeze to mask it. If you are smoking in your bedroom, blow smoke out of a window or through a tube.
*Inscence Sticks: They come in a wide variety of odors and do a good job masking the smell and smoke
* Exhaust vents - If you are smoking indoors, you could use a exhaust vent along with Febreeze to eliminate the smell of marijuana smoke. Most houses have exhaust vents in kitchens and bathrooms, both of which are common rooms, so only use this if you have the house to yourself and you have at least thirty minutes for any leftover smell to exit the area.
* Vaporizer - Vaporizing your marijuana reduces the amount of odor because of two reasons, one, the marijuana does not actually combust, and two, it gives off a different odor than the one most commonly associated with marijuana smoke, and this odor is much easier to cover up with Febreeze or other odor eliminating sprays.
* Towels under the door - Place rolled up towels a the bottom of your door to prevent marijuana smoke from escaping
* Laundry day - If you have access to your basement, or can easily access the outside vent to your clothes dryer, smoke there while it was running. The exhaust will smell like a combination of dryer sheets and detergent, which will mask the smell of marijuana. Be sure to use caution and not use this method habitually, or it will begin to look suspicious. If at all possible, exhale your marijuana smoke into the air coming from the exhaust vent, this will increase the success of this method.
* Shower - Heres a good way to get away with smoking pot in your bathroom. Before you even open your bag, turn the shower on it’s hottest setting and wait for the room to get steamy. Dont put more weed in the bowl than you can easily rip in one hit. Turn on the fan and get ready to get toasted. Open the window and hang out of it if possible. Smoke all the weed and cover with your thumb. Hold the smoke as long as possible to lower the amount you exhale. Try not to smoke more than 2 bowls. After you’ve done the deed turn your sink on hot like the shower and set a bar of soap in it, that helps out with the smell alot. Leave the sink running and get in the shower, try to take a quick one so its not suspicious. And don’t forget to turn the heat down on the shower cause that shit burns.
Once you get out don’t spray any more than your normal amount of cologne deodorant etc..This way is good for before school or before bed
Sometimes you don't have much of a choice, and you have to go outdoors to smoke. This will help you conceal your marijuana use while you're outdoors.
* Cigarette Breaks - If you are a cigarette smoker, it is much easier to conceal any immediate odor associated with marijuana smoke. Smoking marijuana outdoors is significantly easier to cover up than indoors, so more often than not, it is the immediate odor from exhaling the smoke that you will have to worry about. You can mask this by simply exhaling cigarette smoke to break up the cloud of marijuana smoke you exhaled.
* Bowls ONLY - If you smoke outdoors and are concerned with getting caught, it is not recommended to use blunts or joints, because they create a constant flow or marijuana smoke, which equals marijuana odor. Take a bowl instead, that way the bowl only burns when you want it to. It'll save marijuana, and it'll reduce the total amount of s(smoke you create. Flavored blunts are worse than joints, because they also create the odor of the flavoring used of the leaf wrapping the blunt.
* Walk - If you are a cigarette smoker, you can take walks while you smoke. This method is successful if your route doesn't include highly populated areas, for obvious reasons.
*Trees -When coming home, try rubbing your hands with one (and only one) leaf from a tree or a bush, by doing so, the oils from the leaf will cover the smell of smoke. Some leafs will give suspicious smells, so try different ones until you find the right one.
Now, we all know that if you don't properly store your marijuana or your smoking equipment, you will be able to smell it from a mile away. This section will help you properly store your marijuana and your equipment, so people don't catch on...
* Dryer Sheets - All you have to do for this one is stuff a few dryer sheets in your stash box, it's simple, and it works. Just remember, dryer sheets lose their scent after a week or two.
* Odor absorbing discs - You can find these at most stores that carry a wide selection of baby care products. They are little yellow discs that resemble small urinal cakes that absorb all odors within the container it's placed in. They are often marketed as "diaper basket odor eliminators".
* Plug-In's - Any type of plugin that uses a cotton cord to deliver an oil frangrance to a heating element will work as a deodorizer in a stash box, simply remove the plastic caps from the Plug-In as you would normally use it, and place it in your stash box in a secure location to where it won't tip and spill oil all over your stuff.
* Glad-Ware - This brand in particular offers a wide selection of sizes and shapes, suitable for most stoners. You can use these containers to store your equipment and marijuana together or seperate to eliminate most of the odor eminating from both the plant or the residue. You may still be able to smell a hint of the odors if you open your stash box up, but as long as your stash box is well-hidden, you won't have anything to worry about. An added plus is that these types of containers also keeps your marijuana fresh, and prevents partially used marijuana from going stale.
If you're hanging out with your friends having a session, odds are you'll walk away smelling like pot, so this section will help you cover up the odor so no one else has to know what you were up to.
* Smoke outdoors - If you smoke outdoors, as opposed to a confined space, the marijuana smoke is less likely to stick to your clothing, since there is most likely some degree of air flow. Even if wind is at a minimum, fresh air will help clear the smell out (just like line-drying clothes and the "fresh air" scent associated with that).
* Deodorant sprays, cologne/perfume, body splashs - DO NOT drown yourself in any sprays, because it makes it look obvious. Lightly spray yourself with a deodorant spray, cologne/perfume, or body splash to mask the scent of the marijuana. It will not erase the smell, but it will be more prominent than the marijuana smoke. You will be more likely to hear that you smell good, rather than you smell like a skunk.
* Blow your smoke up - Quite possibly the easiest, and most often forgotten method of avoiding the smell of marijuana on your clothes. The smoke can't get on your clothes if your smoke goes straight up in the air. This works best outdoors, but can also decrease the strength of the scent on your clothes if you're smoking indoors.
* Wash your own clothes - If you still live at home, your laundry basket will more than likely smell like pot if you smoke on a regular basis and take no measure to avoid getting the smell on your clothing. So, that means if your mother/father/sister/uncle/dog is washing your clothes, they'll smell it, and that means you're busted.
* Don't carry joint/blunt roaches/halves - Obviously, roaches and halves smell way stronger than unburnt marijuana, so carrying a roach in your pocket will give off a very strong odor. If you have to carry a roach/half on you, contain it in an empty cigarette pack, if you don't smoke or know someone that smokes, wrap it in some type of material that provides some type of barrier between you and your clothes, and the roach/half and someone else's nose (i.e., a rolled up M&M's bag)
If you haven't noticed, after you smoke, your breath smells like bong water. So, you're going to have to cover it up, and this section will help you do just that...
* Gum - You don't always have access to a sink, a toothbrush, and toothpaste, so when you don't, a strong flavored gum such as Dentyne Ice will work well enough to mask the smell. Don't start chewing the gum as you walk in the door, as the smell of the gum will be at it's strongest, which will make it look suspicious. 5-10 minutes before you plan on going around people that you don't want to know about your toking ways is just enough time to mellow the smell of the gum out and mask the odor.
* Cigarettes - If you're a smoker, a cigarette is an easy way to mask the smell on your breath. If you're not a smoker, then don't start just to mask the smell of marijuana. It's a horrible habit, and it's hard to quit.
* Eat/drink - Most drinks (except water, for obvious reasons) and foods can cover up the smell of marijuana.
After you roll one up, your hands are covered in residue. That smell can remain on you even after several hours, so you might want to get it off or you, so this section will help you with that.
* Germ X/Hand sanitizers - Germ X and other waterless hand sanitizers are often availiable in travel/pocket size forms that are great to keep in your car, your pocket, or your pocketbook. Most brands don't carry strong scents, but because of the sanitizing chemicals in them, they can erase the smell of marijuana on your skin and some can even remove residue from your fingertips.
* Bowls and bongs - Anyone that smokes marijuana with rolling papers or blunts will have a strong marijuana odor on their fingers. If you are concerned about smell, it is strongly recommended that you smoke out of a bowl of some sort, or a bong. Your physical contact with the marijuana is cut drastically, maybe even completely, which means little to no smell. If you need to repack the bowl because of the marijuana rising or moving, use a lighter or a coin so you don't need to come in contact with the burnt marijuana (which carries a stronger odor than unburnt marijuana).
*Hair - If you cannot wash your hair before you see your parents, running a scented dryer sheet over it (as well as any clothing) will cover up the smell with the scent of clean laundry.
New to cannabis?? Learn the ropes in here...
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users