GOT high the first time?

New to cannabis?? Learn the ropes in here...

Moderator: Moderators

greensp4rker
Bonghead
Bonghead

GOT high the first time?

Post by greensp4rker » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Hey guys, just joined weedguru and got high for the first time a few days ago. it was awesome, but I have one question. I've been told by many people that you dont get high the first time, but from what I could tell I definitely did. Did I do something different?
Gorecore wrote:Every single day is a new adventure. A lot of us just choose to spend that day laying in bed, scratching our genitals, and snuggling with our babes.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Re: GOT high the first time?

Post by andriaSRH » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:07 pm

First off welcome to the boards.

Hm..can't say I've ever heard that before. Actually quite the oppposite. Your first time you're suppose to be get uber high, but you'll never get the same high again. I might be thinking of crack maybe..lol I donno. I watch alot of documenteries about drugs. I'm pretty sure pot is the same way.

My first time I took two or three hits. Didn't feel anything right away..then I started hysterically laughing at the trees across the street from my house.

I hope it was weed that I smoked...lol..... :shock:

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:54 am

I didn't get high the first time, for the same reasons I think a lot of people don't:

1. Shitty quality weed - didn't know any better

2. Never smoked cigarettes or anything - didn't know how to inhale properly

3. Never drank or did anything mind altering before - didn't have much self-awareness of sobriety vs. altered states
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Cheesegrater
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Cheesegrater » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:19 pm

I didn't feel shit my first time, and i barely got buzzed the second and third time. Could have been the inhaling issue, though i'm not sure.

The fourth time, however, i got fucking baked. Layed on a bed for two hours tripping balls.
Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!

giraffes
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by giraffes » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:57 pm

:bonghit: first time i smoked weed was the first time i whity'd.pulled a whole freaking bowl....i thank my parents for lungs of steel... :bonghit:
Make tacos, Not war[/b]

greensp4rker
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by greensp4rker » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:56 am

thanks a lot for all of this info. i think it might be that a lot of people dont inhale, but I definitely did and therefore I got high...
Gorecore wrote:Every single day is a new adventure. A lot of us just choose to spend that day laying in bed, scratching our genitals, and snuggling with our babes.

Cheesegrater
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Cheesegrater » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Best of luck to you man, kudos for your avatar btw!
Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!

zERo~Chronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by zERo~Chronic » Tue May 03, 2011 1:53 pm

I got really really stoned my first time. But don't think that you'll never get that high again, I've definitely gotten way more high on several occasions since then

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Tue May 10, 2011 7:16 am

Don't think I got high the first time. I hear of people smoking numerous times before actually getting high, but it seems weird that you'd keep trying that many times.
First time I got high though, was pretty awesome :bonghit:
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

soad7812
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by soad7812 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:21 pm

I didn't get high the first 5 or something times. I was starting to think it was just a load of bullshit. Found out later that the problem was that my friends who I first started smokin with had been smoking for way longer. And I guess this might tie into the "not knowing how to inhale properly" theory, but it seems to me that the first few times, it takes a lot more to get the job done than when you're more experienced. However it is defiantly possible to get high your first time if you smoke with someone who realizes this. The first time my younger brother smoked, we went through 2gs of chronic before he got the hang of it. Spent the rest of the day thinking he was Harry Potter or some shit lol. :maniac:
ok now....ok now....ok now im fucking high

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed May 11, 2011 11:20 pm

Yeah I'd say it's partially not knowing how to inhale and partially not knowing what to look for. I think I got a buzz the first time but I thought I was just tired. Getting a newbie super stoned so they can't mistake it is definitely a good way to go.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

greensp4rker
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by greensp4rker » Thu May 12, 2011 1:21 am

looking back on my first time, I definitely got reallyyy high, definitely in my top-5 high times. I didn't smoke that much though, maybe a gram, probably a little less.

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Post by Gorecore » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:58 am

I gpt really really high my first time. I knew how to inhale properly....so mAYBE THat helpled. I smoked hash my fir st time and got high as shit. ThAat was going back to 1993.

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:06 pm

I still remember my first time. I took one hit, didn't think I felt anything after 10 seconds, so I took six more. Next thing I know (literally, the next thing I'm aware of) I'm in my back yard not entirely sure if I was still in my bedroom just thinking I was in my back yard or actually in my back yard. I started walking and every step I took, the sound of the grass beneath my feet sounded like music in addition to music in my head that wasn't actually from real-world music (this happened a lot when I started smoking) I had a gigantic ear-to-ear smile that I couldn't control at all.

At one point I hallucinated rain and walked around my shed for 2 hours.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:55 am

i remember rolling around on a mattress upstairs in my friends room unable to stop laughing at the dumbest shit... i was in love from there on out
woah