leaving/returning weedguru members

Are you a returning member? Get to know the Community here...

Moderator: Moderators

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Re: leaving/returning weedguru members

Post by leprechaun » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:28 am

3 years ago I had mental health issues, I'm very much aware of the stigma, I've only just told my closest friend (of10 years) this year.

I'm not going to go into it but to put things into perspective I'm normally a top of the class pupil and in one of my tests that year i scored 8%. I had to repeat the year. I commend your ability to open up, I'm again very much aware of how hard that is, i am also aware of how relieving it is and i hope you have gained the burst of positivity and personal drive that i got after doing so.

I think a part of it is the admittance, the acceptance that we are human, we're not invincible. I've done a bit of charity work recently with a local group called PIPS (Public Initiative in Preventing Suicide), so this issue is a bit close to home. I highly commend your fuck sensitivity and raise awareness attitude (though i do feel these matters do require a level of sensitivity), and i would like to draw upon animal's point with regards to creating a fortitude of character.

The reason why mental health isn't noticed is because it isn't visible. Yet it's strength is equally comparable to physical strength. And like physical strength, we can train, grow and improve our mental abilities and I hope you take the same fight back attitude as i have gained after battling the mental battlefield. Aim for 120%, all the time (everyone aims for 110, so aim that 10% higher... You're capable of it, we all are). So I hope the job search goes well, again I'm in the same position, applications everywhere so wish me luck as well. All the best.
Four star familiar.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:00 am

:rastasmoke:

qwertyuiop
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by qwertyuiop » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:40 am

:violin:
It took so long for me to realize how to help myself, honestly. I've been a victim of for-profit clinics and whatnot before, and the experience I had regarding being treated like overmedicated livestock, serving only as a place holder and a redeemable-for-cash voucher for that place made my outlook even more sour. I eventually got real care, and I'll admit that a lot of what they were trying to impart fell on deaf ears with me, but what I took from it helped me tremendously in the long run. I'm currently working on getting back into school for an Associates degree in Automated Engineering Technology, and eventually want to work in a machine shop or other industrial setting and maybe start toying with the idea of producing things of my own on the side. I sat around and moped for too long only to realize in no uncertain terms that I need to do something real and help myself get into a career path before I became dependent on my family to support me in going nowhere. It's always great to hear of other people and the success they have with their own struggles!
:cheers:
"Is that even a question?"

Certified-Nutter
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
The Iron Lungs of Wales!

Post by Certified-Nutter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:52 am

well the nutter is back, no small thanks to the heavy handed but strangely endearing WG-Animal.
I have successfuly quit tobacco, and have re-entered my pure, bong smoking haze, i still ride a bike, although its a bigger one now, shall post pics some point.
Still pretty much insane, work night shifts in a dead end job and hoping to go back to university to do something with a bit more commitment than 'plant biology' so that i can grow some brill weed.... fuck was that a mistake, biology is hard yo
anyway catch ye all soon
Image Image Image <- My old account

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:01 am

wicked to see you back in the mix, comrade...and what most people do not realize, is that unlike so many morons who say 'im crazy!!!!', you are actually, seriously, indisputably, a proper nutjob, bushido blades an the like!!! So...well done!!!! and welcome home, dogspunkXXX
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:25 am

Not really back...just poking my head around.

:rastasmoke:

buttermilk
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by buttermilk » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:40 pm

^ditto. Just randomly remembered this site used to be a part of my daily life...

qwertyuiop
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by qwertyuiop » Wed May 20, 2015 5:01 am

just logged on out of curiosity and am honestly not too surprised to see this place as dead as ever. Who is still around and active on here nowadays?
"Is that even a question?"

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Sat May 23, 2015 10:28 pm

The numbers are slim!

Let's stick around and re-ignite this !
:scratchs:

buttermilk
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by buttermilk » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:23 am

Just passing through...deleted some pictures (the links seem to be broken anyways) of me and my SO in the SO thread as well as some other identifying posts due to paranoia, not really worried about it but figured better safe than sorry. I like to look through every couple years or so and I can't believe this place still exists! Seems like reddit is the main go to universal forum these days.
A little update on me - I'm a CPA now, working for one of the largest public accounting firms in the world. Still blaze on a regular basis and a few other fun things so I don't feel like such a damn square all the time. Currently engaged and getting married next year. We spend a lot of time traveling together.
This forum will always have a special place in my heart, as I feel like I spent a lot of formative years in this community. I miss those times and will always cherish the discussions, arguments, and other madness that used to have this place bristling with activity years ago.
It looks like some of the other old heads check in every once in a while and I would encourage you to post an update if you are passing through. It would be great to hear from some of my oldest virtual friends :)
Cheers everyone!

Buttermilk