Legendary strains that no longer seem to exist.

Discuss marijuana strains, seeds, seedbanks, and breeding

Moderator: Moderators

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: Legendary strains that no longer seem to exist.

Post by wgToonces » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:14 pm

somehow, someday, im gonna find evidence to wether or not this shit has actually died out, just seems like a strain cant suddenly die out
:scratchs:

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:02 am

Toonces wrote:somehow, someday, im gonna find evidence to wether or not this shit has actually died out, just seems like a strain cant suddenly die out
it doesnt suddenly die out, it just starts becoming less popular due to new strains coming in. and eventually any breeders will have stopped growing them and over the years the plants withering away and the seeds being lost it goes extinct.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:00 pm

flyinhigh wrote:
Toonces wrote:somehow, someday, im gonna find evidence to wether or not this shit has actually died out, just seems like a strain cant suddenly die out
it doesnt suddenly die out, it just starts becoming less popular due to new strains coming in. and eventually any breeders will have stopped growing them and over the years the plants withering away and the seeds being lost it goes extinct.
exactly....

However, this has not happened with purple haze. Ever had original haze anyone? anyone know how to make buds purple on the plant? it's very simple and far inferior to most other types of weed.

Purple haze has never been, or will ever be an amazing type of weed. it's shit as far as i'm concerned. green buds all the way.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:
flyinhigh wrote:
exactly....

However, this has not happened with purple haze. Ever had original haze anyone? anyone know how to make buds purple on the plant? it's very simple and far inferior to most other types of weed.

Purple haze has never been, or will ever be an amazing type of weed. it's shit as far as i'm concerned. green buds all the way.
they use cooler temperatures during budding, but to my understanding purple haze is a strainand has nothing to do with temperature. to me, there is a difference between purple weed and an actual strain. ive never heard of cold grown weed becoming a real strain, and infact i will disregard your comment until i hear an old school breeder tell me otherwise.

as im thinking about this i can see some confusion amongst pot smokers of the 60s and 70s recieving some weed at first that was purple and great and actually was a strain, and then growers using this knowledge grow in colder temperatures to make purple buds and name it as a strain to sell more.

just an idea though.