Is Mexican weed supposed to be good?

Discuss marijuana strains, seeds, seedbanks, and breeding

Moderator: Moderators

Baba O' Riley
Why Hello There !

Post by Baba O' Riley » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:25 pm

my friends just got back from mexico and they said the shit over there is garbage

Jim777
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Jim777 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:02 pm

Salt Lake City ?
[img]http://myspace-780.vo.llnwd.net/00798/08/75/798905780_l.gif[/img]

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:22 pm

Jim777 wrote:Salt Lake City ?
... is not in mexico.... I live about 27 miles from there. What about it? the weeds good, but its not mexican. My bro has gotten the best shit of his life in SLC. You just gotta know people.
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

MatteN
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by MatteN » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:28 pm

I JUST SMOKED WEED FROM MEXICO THIS WEEK.

it was coasta Rican weed and some mexican mids

both were swag compared to the shit here in SC.

i got high but it wasnt really any good weed

i bet there is some dank shit in mexico though..but we were on a cruise and didnt have time to search really hard

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:56 pm

im in arizona and a lot of my friends have different thoughts about it. mexican dirt is grade A shit, but some other mexi shit sucks. we dont buy it because its inconsistent. right now were smoking tooty fruity purple haze wierdass shit

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:52 pm

I would never buy any weed called "tooty fruity." But that's just me.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by logically » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:32 am

Ikku wrote:I would never buy any weed called "tooty fruity." But that's just me.

ahahahahahahahahahahaha... that cracked me up man
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image

xNubletx
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by xNubletx » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:48 am

Yeah, sounds a bit... "I jizzed all OVER that weed, man!"
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/IceGamer/liverasta.png[/img]

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:52 am

blackxs wrote:im in arizona and a lot of my friends have different thoughts about it. mexican dirt is grade A shit, but some other mexi shit sucks. we dont buy it because its inconsistent. right now were smoking tooty fruity purple haze wierdass shit
mexican dirt is supposed to be shit, mate. as in shit. as in, you might aswell smoke some shit

The James Bond of Nugget
Bonghead
Bonghead

Re: Is Mexican weed supposed to be good?

Post by The James Bond of Nugget » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:48 am

deadman45 wrote:i started buying weed from these mexicans and their shit is strong as fuck, but i live up north so i know their weed isnt grown in mexico but their weed is still strong as shit and not over priced
Where up north? I'm from Buffalo, and I get borderrunner shit. It's better than most commercial (regular) bud. I'd say it goes for 750 a pound, but who knows what they pay for it.

SystemOfAUp
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SystemOfAUp » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:58 am

I live in tx and a few of my friends pulled some mexi-crap weed that they said was awesome... the guy that described it as a shotgun shell of seeds fired at a plant and then stamped into the dirt got it right on the nose. Yes you *could* buy some mexi-crap weed... but why not get good weed instead, I'd rather pay more for weed that's actually worth the cost
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned - Buddha

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re:

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:26 am

weedguru_animal wrote:I bought five grams of Santa Maria, which sounds mexican to me :) and it's great!

Of course it might well be a Dutch strain given a Spanish name but hey...
Actually it's Brazilian. Doesn't mean it was grown there though, the seeds can be bought from a seedbank

Mexican Weed, aka Marijuana grown in the ground South of the U.S. border that is cured hastily, that is to say it hasn't been cured slowly, but has been put in an oven or a dehydrator and shipped across the border. Such weed is often compacted in vacuum sealing devices or hidden in any number of vehicles (coffee, cologne, ever wonder why it tastes like cheap cologne or manure?).
Next time you take a hit of that "compact shit" or fluffy shwag, just remember that it wasn't grown or cured in ideal conditions, hence its decreased THC content and propensity to give you a headache as opposed to a nice "cognitive" high.
You know you have some Mexican Dirt Weed when you have some stuff that is either compact or fluffy with lots of stems and seeds. The presence of seeds indicates that male and female marijuana plants were not kept separate. The general shitty texture and taste of the weed indicates that it wasn't properly cured.