What variety gives this effect?

Discuss marijuana strains, seeds, seedbanks, and breeding

Moderator: Moderators

pinoy
Why Hello There !

What variety gives this effect?

Post by pinoy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:26 pm

I have a batch in at the moment that I am in the process of working my way through smoking.

I am experiencing an effect from it that is a bit strange and never had before so wondered if anyone has had the same or knows what strain or type causes this.

The effects are the normal chilled out feeling, slow, lazy feeling, but then there is a slightly dizziness feeling and a sort of nausea feeling but not as bad as feeling sick. I find if you don't concentrate on holding this feeling back it sort of turns in to a slight head rush. This starts just after finishing smoking and then goes away when the rest of the "high" wears off.

Never had this before, has anyone else?

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: What variety gives this effect?

Post by Weedguru Higher » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:16 pm

There are two different types of weed, Indica and Sativa

Indica....higher CBD(Cannabidiol) than THC equals heavier, sleepy type of high.
Sativa....higher THC than CBD equals cerebral, soaring type of high, more energetic

The dizziness and nausea might be whitey symptoms

Urban Dictionary :Whitey

Happens when smoking too much weed, you go pale, feel dizzy and drowsy, and start to vomit. When on a whitey you often stop talking. If you whitey keep smoking more weed, until you have passed it. Sleeping while on a whitey makes you spin out and feel worse.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!!

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:16 pm

i think you got some sprayed weed or something cause ive never had that happen in any strain that ive smoked, only happens when i roll a J with tobacco to save weed but even then it goes away after about 10 mins

weedguru_waffles

Post by weedguru_waffles » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:27 am

yeah I'd say it sounds like a whitey.... :p I couldn't have said it better than Higher.

pinoy
Why Hello There !

Post by pinoy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:20 pm

I doubt it's a whitey, I smoke a lot of weed and have done for a long time. I have never had a whitey but I doubt smoking 1 spliff wold give me one.

And I do roll it with tobacco but I smoke tobacco anyway so it wouldn't be that.

Hmmm.

Maybe it's sprayed or something then? It seems to be good stuff though, never had this feeling before

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:34 am

Maybe this time it's just above average quality, and maybe like said before it's an indica strain rather than a sativa one, if you're used to smoking 'average' weed you might just feel it more now.

As long as it doesn't make you sick I wouldn't worry about it,and now that you know I think the 'side effects' will wear off.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

pinoy
Why Hello There !

Post by pinoy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:13 pm

I have been thinking some more about this. I think what you have suggested is probably correct.

As it does seem to be very mild whitey symptoms. It's hard to describe, I don't feel as though I'm going to be physically sick, and I'm not actually dizzy, there is no blurred vision or spinning. I just feel a very mild version, like the beginnings of starting to feel sick and becoming dizzy.

It doesn't bother me too much as I am not actually being sick or anything, it's just not a nice feeling to have really, sort of ruins the effect of smoking it.

As you say it may be above average quality stuff that I managed to get this time.

What's the best way to avoid these effects, as I still have quite a lot left that I will be smoking. Shall I put less in each spliff to try and reduce it (I wasn't putting loads in to start with though) or should I just carry on smoking more when I get these effects which is apparently the best way to get rid of whitey symptoms?

Thanks for the replies.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:23 pm

I'd say try smoking a bit less, then gradually smoke more if you feel ok. Don't smoke on an empty stomach

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:17 am

What Higher said..and maybe try a pipe or bong? Or cook it in food.
:scratchs:

pinoy
Why Hello There !

Post by pinoy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:23 am

Thanks guys, will try that. I was smoking on an empty stomach maybe that wasn't helping.

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:41 am

This is good info, but... I don't agree with some of it
Weedguru Higher wrote: Urban Dictionary :Whitey

Happens when smoking too much weed, you go pale, feel dizzy and drowsy, and start to vomit this doesnt necessarily happen. In fact, I've NEVER seen someone throw up from a whitey.... When on a whitey you often stop talking. If you whitey keep smoking more weed, until you have passed it again, I have never heard of this working. Of course, no one I know who's suffered a whiteout even thought about smoking more. Its like getting shocked when you press a button; you're not going to keep pressing it.

Sleeping while on a whitey makes you spin out and feel worse. this is how most people I know get out of it... some it works on, some it doesn't....
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Weedguru_Falkon wrote:This is good info, but... I don't agree with some of it
Weedguru Higher wrote: Urban Dictionary :Whitey

Happens when smoking too much weed, you go pale, feel dizzy and drowsy, and start to vomit this doesnt necessarily happen. In fact, I've NEVER seen someone throw up from a whitey.... When on a whitey you often stop talking. If you whitey keep smoking more weed, until you have passed it again, I have never heard of this working. Of course, no one I know who's suffered a whiteout even thought about smoking more. Its like getting shocked when you press a button; you're not going to keep pressing it.

Sleeping while on a whitey makes you spin out and feel worse. this is how most people I know get out of it... some it works on, some it doesn't....

....what he said

very rarely, i get hot flashes when i smoke too much, too quickly. I've very nearly thrown up a couple of times.

relaxing for a while always sorts me out.

oh, and water. cold water.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:10 pm

is it even possible to throw up stoned? the instant i inhale it relieves any stomache pains.

weedguru_waffles

Post by weedguru_waffles » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:13 am

flyinhigh wrote:is it even possible to throw up stoned? the instant i inhale it relieves any stomache pains.
yep, I believe so... but more so if you've been drinking as well as smoking... Its' terrible :(

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:11 pm

^ I have thrown up from coughing too hard while smoking weed