Albino Genetics?

Discuss marijuana strains, seeds, seedbanks, and breeding

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Albino Genetics?

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:48 pm

Here's some pictures of what are possibly Albino genetics...Until stumbling across this, I had never heard of such a thing, and therefore do not have much information about it. The pictures speak for themselves though. It may simply be sun / light bleaching though...am not sure of anything yet

Quoted from Scarlet Sky

"it is impossible for a plant to be albino; if it is albino, then photosynthesis won't occur. the green chlorophyl is what catches the lumens.

it IS possible for a plant to be partialy albino, or pied/piebald. this is a very rare trait, and it's unlikely that you have a sample of it. it is more likely that the buds are so covered with trichs that it looks white. i've had white buds that were just that damn frosty."

Quoted from Chalwa from Rollitup.com

"This is a plant I started from seed. It is DJ Short Blueberry and seems to have some albino genetics or something in it. None of the other plants show any of this characteristic. Have you guys ever seen this? Half of the stem is white, the plant throws white leaves, some are half white and half green split right down the middle of the leaf blade. It seems healthy so I am continuing to let it go."

"Here are some shots taken right before harvest."

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Re: Albino Genetics?

Post by Bubbles » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:04 pm

wow white is a wonderful color for the buds of this.

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Re: Albino Genetics?

Post by Gorecore » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:59 pm

Shit! That stuff looks crazy delicious!