I need a lil help

Discuss marijuana strains, seeds, seedbanks, and breeding

Moderator: Moderators

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

I need a lil help

Post by SativaMonkey » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:22 am

Hi everyone im new here so i dont know my way round yet, am i in the right forum?? anywayz im just lookin at 2 strains to grow & cant make my mind up from Mazar 19.5% THC or Mandala Satori 23-28% THC has anyone here grown them & if so help me make my mind up?
You Know Your Boxed When You Look At Your Hands And Wonder Why They Keep Trying To Give You Things

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: I need a lil help

Post by wgToonces » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:30 am

23-28% THC
:scratchs:

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:18 am

Yep, this is the right place..welcome aboard!

Mandala Satori

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:32 am

Toonces wrote:23-28% THC

Yep Mandala Satori

SATORI

Type: sativa-indica
Contains land race genetics from: Nepal
Cultivation: indoor/outdoor
Light: requires a minimum of 250W HPS/m2
Flowering time: 65-70 days/October
Yield: 550-600 gr/m2 (dry weight)
High: a clear, cerebral high and strong potency sets in quickly; it supports concentration & creativity; very inspiring and stimulating. Ideal for writers, artists, musicians, or other creative people.
THC: 23-28%
Potency: 9-10/10; long-lasting; no nervous side-effects (racy heart,etc.); suitable for regular med users, or persons with high THC-tolerance.
Aroma: fruity-citrus, pungent.
Medical Use: Satori shows her therapeutic potential in relieving depression and anxiety; this strain can ease sleep disorders from auto-immune diseases and Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS).

Thank you for the welcome Higher
You Know Your Boxed When You Look At Your Hands And Wonder Why They Keep Trying To Give You Things

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:01 am

I take it this is for an indoor grow?

Are you an experienced grower?

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:53 am

ive read just about every book i can find on the subject but had next to no experience, the satori write up says its a snap to grow, potent & the high sounds quite good so i thought why not i gotta start somewhere
Last edited by SativaMonkey on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Yep, it does seem to be a good one for a beginner grower
Satori is an exceptionally easy to grow sativa. She has shown impressive hardiness against spider mites and other pests, and she possesses a good measure of mold resistance. Her slim appearance makes it possible to plant in narrow rows, or in SOG, to maximize her typical record yields even more. The firm side shoots provide highest quality cuttings. As with all our sativas she is heat resistant - an added bonus for small indoor environments and hot summer grows
Hope to see a grow journal from ya!

Have you got your grow equipment yet or are you still in the process of shopping?

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:54 pm

i,l be dropping in picks & journal once they get potted im still shopping i got a list that seems endless from RO Unit, Dimmable Lumatek Ballast roughly £700 worth by time im done & growing i do have few minor issues, How much space do 10 plants need??? & whats a good (over counter) seedling mix???

(edit) Yea its indoor

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:11 pm

SativaMonkey wrote: How much space do 10 plants need???
That depends...
Before answering that question I've gotta ask..

Before thinking about how many plants you want to grow, you gotta think about how many you cangrow. What I mean by that is you gotta calculate light coverage vs. grow space and whatnot. And what method do you plant on growing? Do you plan to veg them for a short period and flower them small (like a SOG) or do you plan to have large plants several feet tall? 10 big plants take up way more room and need way more light than 10 tiny plants.You need to look at the grow space you have available and see what your possibilites are from there

What space do you have to work with? And what are you planning on getting for lighting? HPS? How many watts? How many lights?

A good soil mix popular amongst growers is the Fox Farm Ocean Forest

I think that's available only at Hydroponic stores or Nurseries

I've used ProMix for years with excellent results also. Available at Rona, Home Depot etc

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Weedguru Higher wrote:
SativaMonkey wrote: How much space do 10 plants need???
That depends...
Before answering that question I've gotta ask..

Before thinking about how many plants you want to grow, you gotta think about how many you cangrow. What I mean by that is you gotta calculate light coverage vs. grow space and whatnot. And what method do you plant on growing? Do you plan to veg them for a short period and flower them small (like a SOG) or do you plan to have large plants several feet tall? 10 big plants take up way more room and need way more light than 10 tiny plants.You need to look at the grow space you have available and see what your possibilites are from there

What space do you have to work with? And what are you planning on getting for lighting? HPS? How many watts? How many lights?

A good soil mix popular amongst growers is the Fox Farm Ocean Forest

I think that's available only at Hydroponic stores or Nurseries

I've used ProMix for years with excellent results also. Available at Rona, Home Depot etc

Ive got roughly 2 x 2 x 2m to play with & going with single Sunmaster 600w MH 195 PAR Watt to veg & Sunmaster 600w 90.000 lumen to flower, im hoping to get the plants to 70/80cm give or take as an end result

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:37 pm

So you've got roughly 6ftx6ftx6ft...

Is that an enclosed area like a closet or something? If so, have you thought about ventilation? If you pop a 600 watter in there, you need a way to get cool air in and hot air out..

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:07 pm

yea its an enclosed grow tent roughly that size. ive got lumatek digital dimmable balast with the 150mm cooltube & what im hoping to do is huck the cooltube & the tent ventilation together to one decent exhaust fan & another seperate fan to push the air in hopefully it will do the job

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:42 pm

Awesome....

For a 600 watt light the recommmended grow space is 12-20 square feet

You at 6x6 approximately gives you around 36 sq. feet ....you will be lacking light using such a large area 6x6 should be around 1400 watts. Of course you could use a bit less of that area to compensate

Have a look at this

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=28014

You have limited height..around 6 feet you say. The light hanging takes about 1 foot, plus you have to calculate about 1.5 feet between the light and plant. So that's 2.5 feet gone already...plus the height of the pot which should be about 1 ft...so that's 3.5 ft of your height available taken already, leaving you with 2.5ft of available grow height give or take a bit

You might want to consider doing a SCROG grow

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=27983

For optimal growth with a 600 watt light using the SCrog technique you would want to use an area about 3.5 feet x 3.5 feet.

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:51 pm

So if i where to use 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m grow tent & 600w bulb & do scrog i would only be able to grow around 6 but it could double the yeild :rasta: wayhay bring it on lol

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Well thats that idea fu**ed cant get hold of satori "what a ballache" & just realized mazar is idica "i wanted sativa" so ive changed round to Kalichakra http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Catalogue/Kalichakra i,ll drop pics in once i get my babys above the soil