how come no seeds in good weed

Discuss marijuana strains, seeds, seedbanks, and breeding

Moderator: Moderators

MaGiCalPlant420
Bonghead
Bonghead

how come no seeds in good weed

Post by MaGiCalPlant420 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:40 pm

how come when u bye good weed theres never seeds in it is it cause people always take them out to grow that weed or seeds just dont bud for good weed?
[img]http://www.drugs-plaza.com/plaatjes/funny/plaatje4gal1.jpg[/img]

GAZ
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by GAZ » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:24 pm

u only get seeds in weed when the male plant has pollenated the bud of the female plant, hence bad weed. When their are no seeds it shows the person probablly knew what they where doin.
If You Want To Get Ahead, Get A Gaz.

[img]http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/gaj/fingathing.jpg[/img]

XxBlazexX
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by XxBlazexX » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:37 pm

I've always heard that no seeds=chronic

BGDetroit

Post by BGDetroit » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:30 pm

XxBlazexX wrote:I've always heard that no seeds=chronic
Well, I hate to break ti to you, But you heard wrong.

First off id like you to answer to me what chronic is. Cuz most people think different things.

Then second of all, If it had no seeds its Sensimilla. And jus becuase it didnt have a male plant near to it when it was in that stage dosent mean its going to be good bud buddy.

4*20
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by 4*20 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:47 pm

Dude it has to do with the male plants and the female plants. The one that contains the seed have a lower persentage of THC or something.

BGDetroit

Post by BGDetroit » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:53 pm

Weedguru Chicka wrote:Dude it has to do with the male plants and the female plants. The one that contains the seed have a lower persentage of THC or something.
Male plants have very little to no THC becuase(from what i know, who knows with all this crazy ass cloning and hydroponic shit) male plants alone cant flower(which after flowering, is when you end up trimming you plant down and drying it however you decide to make buds). So when a male is around and the female plant is flowering the seeds from the male plant cross with the flowers in the female plants. Therefor being seeds. Your supposed to take the male plants away after a certain amount of time(sometimes jus when you figure out if its a male or not) so that the buds will be sensimilla.

flynn

Post by flynn » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:46 am

males plants don't bud, they produce pollen that if in close enough proximity will pollinate a female plant causing it also to produce seeds. this is how marijuana in the wild spreads. by identifying the sex of a plant you can separate them and stop this process. this way the female plant can put more energy into producing thc in its flowers rather than putting it into the formation of seeds.

but as BG said simply separating the males from the females won't produce good bud. you have to know what you are doing. i smoked this hell shit bud the other day that my friends little brother grew. it had no seeds but it was weak as piss and tasted gross.........

Gustave420
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Gustave420 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:25 am

What a grower does is when he isgrowing several plants if there are any males he either gives em away as gifts or harvests them as soon as you can tell what they are, Hence with no males around, you get a female plant that has no seeds and isn't fertalized to ruin what the max Ptency could be.
You are as you are the way you are because you are, and chage will come when and if it should. So relax, stop worring about the unforseen, and live life.

Sammy
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Sammy » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:42 pm

if your females become pollenated they start using ALL their energy to produce seeds and not THC, seedy bud sucksss

Danman
Why Hello There !

Re: how come no seeds in good weed

Post by Danman » Sun May 22, 2011 10:03 pm

Lots of seeds are bad but right now my buddy whos kinda new to growing just finished a Sour D Lambsbread Hybrid that is one of the top 3 all around strains I've ever had and there are sparatic seeds throughout. This stuff puts white widow n frosted flakes to shame with the amount of white crystals on it! It looks like someone painted the buds white! And it smells INCREDIBLE. Strength n taste are off the charts as well. If it's true that seeds take away from the strength then I can't imagine what this stuff would be like with none. BTW I'm 40 and have been smoking for 20 yrs n only " Name brand" stuff for the last 10. Can someone explain? Please.