Paradise

Book reviews, creative writing, essays...

Moderator: Moderators

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Paradise

Post by cutthecashflow » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:52 am

The tranquility of the Florida Keys is something everyone should have to behold at least once in their lifetime. I sit here smoking a Cuban cigar, bumping Columbian cocaine, and drinking fine wine while overlooking the Gulf of Mexico on one side of my two story balcony while overlooking the Atlantic Ocean on the other. The water is as clear as looking into a sky void of clouds. The majestic turquoise-blue water is an experience only dreamt of until experienced. Yesterday I was out snorkeling alongside sharks, sea turtles, barracudas, angelfish, and a multitude of other sea creatures that one would see in the Pixar film Finding Nemo. Afterwards it was on to catch a sailfish, king mackerel, tuna, and the bottle nose dolphin.

I wake up in the morning with a strong Cuban coffee and the day lazily progresses with a morning swim or kayak ride around the uninhabited island upon which I dwell. In the afternoon a trip to Key West is in order to patrol the beach and watch the most beautiful women soak up the sun, then it is on to watch a sunset where the sea appears to swallow the sun into its depths, followed by a night of drinking on Duval street where all the freaks come out to play. On occasion I find myself awake in the morning next to one of the women previously encountered on the beach and I think to myself "where have I been my entire life".

It is unfortunate that soon I will have to leave this dream that is actually reality and return to the land of ice and snow where people seem to have an edge to them that sets turns me off in an undesirable way. I vow to return to this land of paradise upon the completion of my doctorate to resume the lifestyle that I was meant to be born into. It is unfortunate that I have been living most of my life without experiencing such a rich and fascinating culture filled with sun goddesses, rum, sun, and the slow melodic sound of the tide rolling through the islands.

I will be back and I hope to never see snow again in all of my life. This is the way everyone should live; a little slower, a little longer, a little warmer, and a little more in tune with their inner selves. I hope that one day--you my friends--can join me in this embrace that is the Florida Keys.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: Paradise

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:52 am

Mate, that's wicked. I'd be happy to read much more of your reportage from the Keys experience...
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Re: Paradise

Post by cutthecashflow » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:53 am

Yea a chat is in order.

I just got the news that I will be going back next December, except this time it will be for a month rather than a week and my old man will have his 36' cruiser parked at the dock by the house. Can't wait.
Get busy living or get busy dying.