Natural wonders

Bring your travel experiences to a wider audience, share the thrills, spills and kills!

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Re: Natural wonders

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:50 am

Well, in this thread its necessary to talk about natural wonders! :(
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:27 am

Black Holes, beautiful and awe inspiring all at once,the most destructive force we know today:

kind of a lame one but all the others were way too large.

Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

captainMorton
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by captainMorton » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:11 am

Scientists report that the Lost City, a bizarre cluster of limestone spires rising from the peak of an ocean-floor mountain, is at least 30,000 years old.

ImageImage

this spire is over 30 feet tall

The "city," on top of a mountain about as high as nearly 3-mile-high Mount Rainier, was discovered in 2000 by an expedition using a research submersible designed for deep-ocean diving. It was named for its towers, some as tall as an 18-story building.

The Lost City and the mountain below, called the Atlantic Massif, are part of a type of hydrothermal vent system never seen before.

Hydrothermal vents are areas on the ocean floor where chemical reactions take place between rocks, minerals and superheated seawater that is normally extremely acidic. The most famous structures found on vents are "black smokers," so named for the volcanic-like plumes of toxic compounds pouring out of natural chimneys on the seafloor. Inside and around these structures, which are much smaller than the spires of the Lost City, scientists have found the most primitive forms of life on Earth, known as archaea. They are similar in some ways to bacteria, but they do not require sunlight or oxygen to survive.

The Lost City vent system operates at much cooler, although still hot, temperatures and also contains living organisms.

Hydrothermal vents are of interest because they may yield clues to the origins of life.
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/Shortfingers/captainsigcopy.jpg[/img]
[i][b][size=150][color=green]Who am I to Judge who Struck you down?[/color][/size][/b][/i]

Ziggy
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Ziggy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am

Weedguru Higher wrote:
Weedguru_Falkon wrote:many are also often crazy :rasta:
MOST are also often crazy...
I second this
Check Link: Flex Your Rights - Citizens Guide to Surviving Police Encounters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

“Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.”