Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

A Quick and Simple Way to Make Hash Oil

Post by Weedguru Higher » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

A Quick and Simple Way to Make Hash Oil
Unknown Author

Foreword:
I do not claim to be the one to come up with this method. It has been passed around several private forums for years. I will now share with you one of the easiest methods of making good hash in seconds!

**FIRE WARNING**
Alcohol is an INCREDIBLY flammable substance, Care should be used when attempting this procedure, NO open flames, And Absolutely NO SMOKING while performing this procedure.

Ingredients:

1)1 Mason Jar (Canning Jar w/ screw on lid and removable top)
2)1 Bottle 91% Isopropyl Alcohol
3)1 Coffee Filter (The round kind works best, but I have had success with the pouch kind)
4) Pyrex Dish and Pot of Boiling Water (I can't stress enough the Importance of PYREX!)
5) 1+ grams of weed
6)Herb grinder
7)Electric Range

Process:

Start by grinding up all your bud, grind it very finely so that there is more surface area for the alcohol to come in contact with!

After your bud is finely ground, dump it in your Mason Jar.

Pour alcohol into the jar, until it is just barely above the weed

Cover with lid and secure tightly

**IMPORTANT**
Shake your Jar vigorously for 30 seconds, no more no less (30 seconds is more than enough time to dissolve the THC into the alcohol) If you shake it for much more, you will be extracting waxes and other stuff that will make your end product more harsh and less potent.

After you have shaken your jar for 30 seconds, open the lid, and secure a coffee filter over the top with your lid or with a rubberband.

Turn your jar over and let the liquid seep into the pyrex dish.

Place your pot on the stove, and heat to a light boil, as soon as it starts to boil, place your pyrex dish on top of the pot (Putting paper towels or terry cloth under the glass may help you if you do not have PYREX)

I suggest turning on your kitchen fan, and opening a window. It is best while evaporating alcohol that you have good ventilation.

Now, the green liquid should start evaporating, leaving a layer of green/brown residue on the dish (THIS IS YOUR HASH!)

NOTE:This pic was taken letting the alcohol evaporate w/ out heat

Scrape the residue off of the dish, using a razor blade or a paint scraper.

USE:

The best way to ingest this oil is to smoke it, although you can bake with it or eat it straight.

I suggest using an ash bowl, or using an oil pipe (Meth pipe/ DICK)

An Ash bowl can be prepared, by placing cigarette (or weed ash) in a bowl. Gently put a small ball of hash oil ontop of the ash. Do not let the flame touch the oil, or it will catch on fire, wasting much of the product. Instead, lightly heat the oil, and inhale.

STORAGE:

Storage is easy! I suggest storing in an altoids tin, as it will stick to the bottom, and no dust will get all over your oil. Or you can drop it into a beer bottle cap then cover it with another bottle cap upside down. Tape both caps together with electrical tape.

You can even grind up weed, and cover your oil so that it can be handled easier

Heck, you can even load a bowl, and top it off w/ hash

I used 10g of schwaggy weed, which I lost some of due to being high while making, and I got about 1/2 a g of really potent stuff. Its great for if you have a lot of weed to kill.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Re: A Quick and Simple Way to Make Hash Oil

Post by Bubbles » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:22 am

how much oil can you expect per gram of bud?

like 1gram of weed wouldnt be a total waste would it?

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:35 pm

I've never made oil from bud before, only trim leaves.

Depending on which technique you usem you'll get different results.

1 lbs of leaf trim gives between 15 and 30 grams of oil using a hash oil making technique that uses naphta gas (camping fuel) to extract it. It's the popular way it's made around my parts.

Don't waste your gram trying this

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:50 am

^ probably a good idea not to waste it.

jcube69
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by jcube69 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:45 am

would everclear work as well as iso if you heat it? just seems safer imo....chemicly i mean...

and by heat i mean with hot water with like a "double boil" set up no flames >.>
Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Image

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:51 am

Well, I had to research this one a bit, cause I didn't even know what everclear was :?

Though I did come across some recipes and some many people claiming success, the information lead me to the conclusion that it is not an ideal product to use " Everclear is grain alcohol, which is only good if you're making edibles. Grain Alcohol contains plant sugars and starches that caramelize making the product less than high quality.. and gives a nasty aftertaste. "

jcube69
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by jcube69 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Weedguru Higher wrote:Well, I had to research this one a bit, cause I didn't even know what everclear was :?

Though I did come across some recipes and some many people claiming success, the information lead me to the conclusion that it is not an ideal product to use " Everclear is grain alcohol, which is only good if you're making edibles. Grain Alcohol contains plant sugars and starches that caramelize making the product less than high quality.. and gives a nasty aftertaste. "
in other words grain for eating. iso/butane for smoking (unless you dont care and just want to use the purer form anyway)
Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Image

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:26 pm

I guess it would be good for like hash going into brownies