Official Guide To Making Quality QWISO HASH
There are many different techniques used to make hash, today will we be making "QWISO HASH" often called "QWISO" for short. "QWISO" means = Quick Wash ISO, The Quick wash referring to the short amount of time that the trimmings will be in contact with the ISO better known as Isopropyl Alcohol, which is the solvent used to extract the Trichomes to make hash.
As simple a technique this may be there are 3 golden rules to remember for optimal quality.
1. Quality trimmings or buds : The higher quality of trimmings equals the higher quality of hash
2. Proper equipment : The right tools make the extraction easier and preserve purity of the hash
3. Time and patience : By rushing the process you will lose quality and have a low grade hash
OK so now that we have gone over the basics for making Quality QWISO lets go over the equipment list.
1. Well dried quality trimmings or buds. for this demonstration I will be using a quarter OZ. of some premium trimmings from my last harvest of Purple Princess.
2. Isopropyl Alcohol, I like to use 91% to prevent etraction of unwanted chlorophyll.
3. A large jar, I used an old pickle jar that was well cleaned.
4. Strainers, 1 large strainer will do but I prefer at least 2 for easier handling. For this I will use 3 for optimal purity.
5. 2 Coffee filters, I use 2 coffee filters doubled up to increase the purity of the extraction
Here are some pics of the strainer filter assembly
6. A plate for pouring and evaporating your ISO extraction.
Now we have listed all of our equipment, your work area should look like this.
Once you have all of your equipment ready the QWISO making begins. Follow these 10 simple steps precisely and you will have Quality QWISO HASH every time.
Step 1. Place Dried trimmings or buds in freezer for 30 minutes.
Step 2. After your trimmings have been in the freezer for 30 minutes, Carefully transfer them into your jar.
Step 3. Pour the Isopropyl Alcohol over the trimmings until completely covered.
Step 4. allow to soak for 30 seconds, no more no less.
Step 5. Shake as hard as you can for 30 seconds, no more no less.
Step 6. Pour into strainer filter over evaporation plate and allow to fully drain
Step 7. After you filter the extraction on to the evaporation plate, Carefully move to a safe place and position in front of a small fan allow to evaporate and dry by air for 24 hours minimum [NEVER USE HEAT FOR EVAPORATION !!!! this will lower the quality of your QWISO]
Step 8. When the alcohol has evaporated and the extraction has fully dried for a minimum of 24 hours you are ready to harvest your QWISO HASH.
Step 9. Once the QWISO is ready for harvest, Carefully use a razor blade to scrape the plate.
Step 10. Top off a bowl or a blunt with some high quality QWISO HASH and enjoy !!!!!!
SECOND WASH : If you have a high grade trimming with high trichome concentration a second wash is recommended. Even though the quality will be lower then the first wash the second wash will still produce a handsome reward.
For a second wash place your trimmings back into the jar, cover with isopropyl alcohol and soak for 30 seconds then shake for 30 seconds. Repeat filtering process and let evaporate and dry for 24 hours minimum. After the evaporation and drying is complete harvest your second batch of QWISO.
Here are some pis of my second wash of the same trimmings.
Finally, a quality comparison from 3 different washes of the same herb. The first wash is on the left, the second in the middle, the third on the right.
Thank you for vising Hashmouf's Official Guide to making Quality "QWISO HASH" Now go make some and get loaded !!!!!!!!
Discuss everything related to hashish, oil and kief
Including pipe resin, and soapbar info
Including pipe resin, and soapbar info
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Herbal Assassin
- Posts: 723
- Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:40 pm
I dried mines on a griddle n got oil ,by letting it air dry u get more powdery product?I'm using the same exact iso alcohol as n the pic n mines burn n a flame nstead of bubbling?
Bop bop beech
Users browsing this forum: No registered users