Discuss everything related to hashish, oil and kief
Including pipe resin, and soapbar info

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Great Balls of Hash!

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:06 pm

So...this is my first attempt at making a hash ball with the tiny bit of kief I have.

I started off following this guide

Quick & Easy Hash Pressing

This is the amount of kief I used

I took a piece of cellophane and scraped all the kief out onto it

I then folded it up into the cellophane because I couldn't get it into a ball like illustrated in the guide...there was too much cellophane and not enough kief.

Then I started rubbing the little package on my jeans. After a few minutes the kief was beginning to stick together

And a few more minutes...(notice the change in color)

At this point I realized I had made a mistake...I didn't use the right kind of cellophane as everything was sticking to it

I switched over to a thinner, crispier type cellophane and this time around I was able to make a ball like I was supposed to according to the guide

I rubbed for awhile but quickly got impatient...I wasn't getting the results I wanted quick enough. I don't think I had enough kief to make this method effective. I decided to rub the hash between my fingers instead. I started off by making a tiny ball and gradually made it bigger by slowly adding more kief to it and rubbing and molding with my fingers

I was able to roll the ball over the piece of cellophane that had kief stuck all over it, and recuperated most of it

Here is the final result

I think I'm gonna just keep the ball in the bottom of the grinder and every so often knead the new kief into it in hopes of one day having an awesome huge ball of hash! That is, if I can resist the temptation to smoke it...

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Re: Great Balls of Hash!

Post by Bubbles » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:02 am

man there is so much easier of ways to do this... just heat up a butter knife for 5 seconds then press, less heating time each time so you dont burn the cellophane, i do it every once in a while.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:17 am

Thanks Bubbles, I'll try that next time

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Well, I made another small hash ball about half the size of the other one. I figured I could mold the two together but the ball balls like crumbled and I couldn't get it to stick anymore. I got impatient after a few try as was like fuck that, I'll just smoke it instead and rolled myself a joint that me and my gf just enjoyed.

Think I ain't gonna bother with pressing it anymore...it's better just as keif

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:07 pm

i made a little peice of hash not long ago and a little finger nail clipping sized peice was enough to get me stoned lol