pruning

Talk about grow room setup/design and equipment

Moderator: Moderators

gaw
Casual toker
Casual toker

pruning

Post by gaw » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:08 pm

I want to cut off the large leaves on the bottom of my 1 month, 6 inch and about 80 leave plant.

is that ok and is there a tutorial on pruning. I am finding a lot of different ideas on the matter.

Thanks, gaw

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: pruning

Post by blackxs » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 pm

Cut as close to the main stem as you can

Dont pull dont pinch. Clean cut with a clean blade, cut cleanly and quickly.

Only prune leaves that are either covering a LOT of other leaves, are more than 80% dead or are VERY small and at the bottom of the plant.

At least thats IMO. There really isnt a definitive pruning tutorial because everyone has a different style, everything does things just a LITTLE bit differently!

I just pruned my plants and I removed all the small dieing leaves, about 2-4 BIG leaves and some minor growth at the bottom. Overall not much, snipped about 8-10 leaves from my biggest plant

You basically want to remove the leaves that would be most benefit to remove. Big leaves have a lot of energy storage in them and a lot of potential for energy production, BUT they can also block off 20-30 leaves just one or two big leaves. Never cut big leaves during flowering but during vegetating I think its ok to remove a few, IF it helps light get to other leaves.

Big leaves at the bottom of your plant, far away from other leaves - leave them alone. Big leaves in the middle of your plant towards the top, hiding ALL the new growth... those are the guys you wanna snip.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

gaw
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by gaw » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:31 pm

I understand completly, thanks a lot. gaw

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:14 pm

Here's a pretty good pruning guide for ya gaw

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=26674

gaw
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by gaw » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:42 am

the info is invaluable stuff from everyone on this site. Good stuff, Great site! gaw