ventilation

Talk about grow room setup/design and equipment

Moderator: Moderators

gaw
Casual toker
Casual toker

ventilation

Post by gaw » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:23 pm

As my plants move into larger pots, the room is getting hotter. The humidity is a little low.
my vent system is basic inline fan about halfway to the window.
And an oscilating fan hanging about 4 feethigh, blowing down. Till now it's been running a steady 50% and 79 degrees.
I was under the impression that just opening the door every now and then that the air would get circulated enough. Then someone told me I am suppose to have air blown in (near the floor) with another vent. Which would mean I need an intake and an exhaust duct for both rooms. 4 separate
duct systems? Is that right? gaw

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: ventilation

Post by blackxs » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:05 am

Depending on the size of the room you shouldnt need an actual intake fan. It will help, but if you have the exhaust fan on the top of the room, you can just leave some area open so air can come in from the bottom. You want your air movement to be in an upwards direction, so an exhaust fan pulling fan out the top will allow that air movement as long as you have some open hole at the bottom

PS theres no point using ventilation fans in a "closed" room... you DO need at least an intake or exhaust, otherwise its not helping with anyhting
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: ventilation

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:43 pm