flower light

Talk about grow room setup/design and equipment

Moderator: Moderators

gaw
Casual toker
Casual toker

flower light

Post by gaw » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:16 pm

In my room I built a flower room (shed) in the middle of the room, to avoid the windows on one side and the closet on the other. During the 12 hours dark it is dark except for one area. The tarp is heavy but still shows ,a not as dark area. Kind of looking through a fabric. It doesn't worry me. Should it?
During the 12 hours light I open the tarp door to help regulate the heat. So although the halide light is not close, can the ambient light from the veg room interfer with the 1000 hps flower room lighting.
thank you, gaw

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: flower light

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:11 pm

During flowering the plants must be in total darkness...light leaks should indeed worry you

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:53 pm

When the lights are on you are perfectly fine to open the tarp to let out heat. The metal halide will not hurt the flowering process, additional light will only help

But sealing from light is important. Im not gonna lie though, my plants are in a closet that I dont always close, and the other plants are just around the corner illuminating my room... but my flowering plants are still flowering...

Technically you should light seal 100%
In my current experience as long as they are out of direct light on the leaves its ok
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

gaw
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by gaw » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:58 am

thank you, By tomorrow I will go in and tape any speck of light.
opening the tarp is a relief to know, thanks gaw

smooth
Why Hello There !

Post by smooth » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:45 pm

remember that in nature you got star light and moon light to lite up the night so dont go crazy blocking every thing
I got a good question with HID's. A lot of people stop adding light at 1000 watts. Mainly I think due to heat. If you are lucky enough to buy only L.E.D. lights how far can yo go with led lite when in bloom? Will extra power damage the plants? IM THINKING ABOUT 5 PANELS ONE ON EACH SIDE AND ONE ON TOPLIKE FOR SIX -10 PLANTS :chronic:

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:53 am