hermaphrodites

Talk about grow room setup/design and equipment

Moderator: Moderators

gaw
Casual toker
Casual toker

hermaphrodites

Post by gaw » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:10 pm

I have 6 plants flowering about 2 weeks. Two of them are either male or hermaphrodites. Both plants are larger and bushier than the others. Just recently I read that if you use the seeds from a hermaphrodite that those plants will be the same. The plant the seeds came from is high quality.
I want to take the other 4 plants back out to the veg room and let the hermaphrodites run their
course, because the mother was so good. Will the other 4 be ok? And when I remove the 2 flowered should I vacuum and clean to remove the pollin. Thank you, gaw

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: hermaphrodites

Post by blackxs » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:15 pm

NO

Once a plant makes male parts THAT IS THE END OF IT
ITS GENETICS ARE RUINED

Plants that come from a "mother" hermie will ALSO be hermie
But other plants that came from the same batch of seeds are NOT neccesarily hermie

Kill the hermies and males NOW so they dont infect your crop with pollen. Flowering them longer will NOT help it will just make them grow and open pollen sacks, infecting your females with pollen, causing them to make seed. Im not sure what you expect to happen but it wont work. A hermie is a hermie. Chop em down!

Keep in mind a BEAUTIFUL mother plant can sometimes give hermie clones because she is stressed or on the verge of becoming hermie herself. If your mother made hermie clones, IMO, that mother's cloning period is over - its time to flower her. Too much stress can hermie ANY plant, and cloning does stress the plant a little. If the clones are no longer reliably female then the plant is no longer reliable and should be flowered and if showing sacks, even cut down (sadly).
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:16 am

^ Thanks Blacky for typing for me lol

If you have plants flowering and have hermies that have pollinated amongst them you have a problem man....

gaw
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by gaw » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks again, I removed them immediately. How long does it take for them to pollinate. These were just showing, no more than 3 days. thank you, gaw

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:44 pm

If you don't have pollen (yellow powder) all over the place you are ok...it means the pollen sacks didn't open and contaminate everything