Memoirs of a Geisha

Book reviews, creative writing, essays...

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Weedguru_Dusk
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:54 am
Location: 7th circle of hell
Contact:

Memoirs of a Geisha

Post by Weedguru_Dusk »

I read this book the other week. I dont know how many have seen the movie recently but I think it does it some decent justice. There's so much detail in it though that was left out of the movie I really recommend it as a read.
Its a real interest more so for those interested in other cultures as this is a book about the life of a Geisha in the early 20th century. Its a battle between the lifestyle she's been forced into and the lifestyle she wishes to lead.
Really again its a fantastic book.
"having a conversation with you is like walking through a Salvador Dali painting"
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
Weedguru~N0isenkiss3s
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2155
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:21 am
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru~N0isenkiss3s »

Maybe this is a really old post...haha, but I do love this book :) It's a wonderful book and just watching the movie doesn't really justify it. Highly recommended.
Image
"Can’t repeat the past?…Why of course you can!"
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users