25 Tips How Not to Get Caught With Marijuana
1. If you have the option, smoke marijuana in the privacy of your home rather than on the road. When driving, you are more visible and have less protection against search and seizure.
2. Never keep drugs in the glove box of your car. The second thing an officer wants to see, after a driver's license, is vehicle registration, which is usually kept in the glove box. The officer's eyes and flashlight will often inspect the glove box as it is opened, and he'll be looking for drugs.
3. Do not leave roaches in your car's ashtray. If open, this is one of the first places any officer will look if he suspects that you are a drug user.
4. Do not keep any marijuana or paraphernalia in open view in a car. This includes feathered roach clips people like to hang from their rear view mirror. The feathers are noticeable before the car is stopped, and could play a role in the decision to stop you. The clip would be sufficient to provide probable cause to search for illegal contraband. Some cops like to collect the feathers on their office walls.
5. When driving, be concerned about the appearance of your eyes, the smell of your breath and the smoke inside your car. Letting an officer suspect you are stoned will give him grounds for an arrest for driving under the influence.
6. While driving, carry drugs in something like a suitcase, briefcase, backpack or sealed carton. The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled a person has the right to the same privacy with the items in a car as he does at home. They cannot be opened without a search warrant, even after arrest.
7. Another good place to keep drugs is inside a common object that most people would never suspect of being a container for drugs, like a toothbrush case, a soap case or a make-up compact. This common object inside a suitcase would be even better.
8. Avoid carrying marijuana in a car or in public if you are drinking. The breath and lack of coordination of a person drinking alcohol is noticeable, and may catch the attention of police.
9. When carrying marijuana in a car, obey all traffic laws to avoid being stopped by police. Don't speed, run stop signs, or weave in the road.
10. Make sure all headlights, taillights, brake lights and signal lights on your car are in working order. Carrying marijuana in a car with a busted headlight is a good way for being arrested for violation of a light law and possession of marijuana.
11. Your license plate and other local requirements, such as inspection stickers, should be up to date to avoid any untimely traffic stops.
12. If you are in possession of marijuana in public while intoxicated, be careful not to appear that way.
13. While in possession of marijuana, avoid any potential disturbance of the peace, or other situations that police could be called to resolve.
14. Never carry marijuana into a place of business. If you are suspected of shoplifting, you could be subjected to a search.
15. When in possession of marijuana, be polite to police officers. They consider attitude to be very important, and that would be no time to make a bad impression.
16. Don't wear drug related messages on tee shirts or bumper stickers when carrying marijuana. It's not good advertising and could be construed as probably cause to suspect the presence of drugs.
17. Keep all contraband and paraphernalia in one place, whether driving or at home. If you are ever searched you should have only one place to worry about.
18. Know the weight limit that distinguishes between a felony and misdemeanor for marijuana possession in your state. Avoid carrying more than this amount. You will have a less severe sentence to worry about and police are more likely not to make an arrest on a misdemeanor violation.
19. Avoid carrying more than one bag of marijuana. If you are arrested for two small bags of pot, you can be charge with possession for resale (a felony), even if the combined weight of the bags is within the range of a misdemeanor. Also, avoid carrying more than one type of drug. If busted, it would mean two charges instead of one.
20. Avoid carrying weapons or other potentially illegal items where they can be observed when in possession of marijuana. An officer who spots your weapon will have probable cause to search further, and may find your marijuana.
21. If you live in a dormitory, apartment or any situation in which pot smoke can be a problem, consider buying an air purifier.
22. When going out, carry only what marijuana you need. A small amount is easier to conceal, and if busted, it will put you in a better bargaining position.
23. Never give police consent to search if you are carrying marijuana. If they ask you for permission to search, it usually means they realize that they don't have a right to make the search without your consent. Many attorneys advise not to give consent, even if you are clean. It is a bad precedent.
24. Even in the privacy of your own home, avoid leaving roaches in ashtrays or other bits of evidence in open view.
25. In deciding where to keep your stash, consider that, if you are arrested, police have the right to search the area in which you can "reach, jump, or crawl" without a search warrant, even in the privacy of your home.
http://www.amsterdammarijuanaseedbank.c ... drugs.html
Discuss drug laws here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users