Bandwidth

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

yea, so far its lasted, dont curse it, still the rest till 1st :roll:
weedguru_badass
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 297
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:44 pm
Location: Is hell smokey?*?*? (8-S)
Contact:

Post by weedguru_badass »

th3rdeye wrote:
kxbabe wrote:Yea i agree wiv whoever says to delete then after 30 days or so :lol:
That would be me, love.
13lake wrote:blondes hehe!
Are these not wastes of bandwidth in a topic all about wasting bandwidth??

If not my bad!
./B_A_D_A_S_S\.

Reality is an illusion brought on by lack of weed!!! merely a crutch for the weaker of us :evil:
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

Badass? Dude.... :lol:

Long time no see :P
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

he has gold leaves and hasnt had 1000 posts, god powers
4*20
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2571
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:30 am
Contact:

Post by 4*20 »

The Power of the mods that is!
Goodtime Slim
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 411
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Goodtime Slim »

Is it just a coincidence mod is just one letter from god?
[img]http://img112.exs.cx/img112/528/d4bhardboiled2.jpg[/img]
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

pure coinsednece, but still we should delete locked threads, why read them? its a waste of bandwidth as you cant post on it!
User avatar
weedguru_asmodeus
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 738
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:20 pm
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Contact:

Post by weedguru_asmodeus »

Ive been away for a few weeks, so when I looked today at the bandwidth and traffic reports, I was quite amazed...

Its now the 17th of the month - just over half way thru.

the bandwidth allowance is 10 gig.

so far this month, only 3.3 gig has been used.

When I saw this - I thought that maybe less people were viewing the site, but its actually more than ever - on average nearly 1400 people a day!

I couldnt believe it to be honest, then I saw this post, and realised the change in how people use these forums must be making a huge difference to bandwidth usage.

I think we all owe Kronix a big sloppy kiss. Nice one sunshine.
weedguru_asmodeus

Bikes see you through times of no money better than money sees you through times of no bikes.

http://www.weedguru.com

[img]http://www.weedguru.com/img/monk2.gif[/img]
User avatar
weedguru_asmodeus
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 738
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:20 pm
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Contact:

Post by weedguru_asmodeus »

Oh yeah - I hav a couple of comments to the points a few people have raised...

We also need to remove the flash intro on the real site. That takes up an amazing amount of bandwidth
It takes up hardly any - the beauty of flash graphics is that they are bandwidth friendly - looking at this page is using over 4 times as much bandwidth as viewing the intro!
auto prune.
It is possible, but the beauty of the forums is that it stores gems of information from posts of old. If you want to know something, then a quick search would allow you to find it - but possibly not if auto prune was switched on.

Are these not wastes of bandwidth in a topic all about wasting bandwidth??
They are, but with the bandwidth being saved from this topics existance, I think we can allow it.
That would mean everytime I hit the refresh button, that would take up bandwidth?
yup!
it doesn't matter how much data is stored, only how many pages are viewed.
yup!

There 2339 members of weedguru who have never posted which is around two thirds of the total members.

Not very relevant though I spose, it just seems like a lot to me
you're right - not very relevant :P

Thanks to all the constructive comments in here, it really is helping a lot.
weedguru_asmodeus

Bikes see you through times of no money better than money sees you through times of no bikes.

http://www.weedguru.com

[img]http://www.weedguru.com/img/monk2.gif[/img]
the mac
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:51 am
Location: Victoria BC Canada..
Contact:

Post by the mac »

we still have 10 gig? Shieet maybe i shouldnt have bitched out weedsmoker... hmm on second thought.. he was a Dumbass..
[size=109]I get high cuz fuck it whats better to do and ima [u]Never[/u] give a fuck cuz im better then you.[/size]
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

6.7 from 17th =/
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

Hey guys, this is just like when you're rationing out your weed, and then you realize you have more than you thought you did.... woo hoo! :lol:

Seriously though, if Asmodeus is right and we saved our own bandwidth by collectively changing habits (I know I've been hitting back on my browser *cough* instead of uploading the page from Weedguru *cough*)...what, I'm smoking hash oil, it makes me cough. What was I saying? Oh yeah - way to fucking go, we rock.
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

ive never used refresh on wg, aint no point
4*20
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2571
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:30 am
Contact:

Post by 4*20 »

I do, let's say theres a very hot thread going on, and I do other stuff at the same time, I hit refresh every 2-3 minutes.
Gram
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:20 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec..CANADA!
Contact:

Post by Gram »

hey i was wondering, is there anyway to have some sort of bandwhith meter?

like say u have 50Gigs of b/w a month, is there no way to show how much is used? or how much is left? this way ppl can see it, and will know to conserve it...


just a thought
"Run real fast right now!"
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users