Bandwidth
Moderator: Moderators
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
-
weedguru_badass
- Bonghead

- Posts: 297
- Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:44 pm
- Location: Is hell smokey?*?*? (8-S)
- Contact:
th3rdeye wrote:That would be me, love.kxbabe wrote:Yea i agree wiv whoever says to delete then after 30 days or so
Are these not wastes of bandwidth in a topic all about wasting bandwidth??13lake wrote:blondes hehe!
If not my bad!
./B_A_D_A_S_S\.
Reality is an illusion brought on by lack of weed!!! merely a crutch for the weaker of us :evil:
Reality is an illusion brought on by lack of weed!!! merely a crutch for the weaker of us :evil:
-
Caro
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6174
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
- Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
- Contact:
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
-
4*20
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2571
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:30 am
- Contact:
-
Goodtime Slim
- Bonghead

- Posts: 411
- Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:45 pm
- Location: UK
- Contact:
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
- weedguru_asmodeus
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 738
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:20 pm
- Location: Yorkshire, UK
- Contact:
Ive been away for a few weeks, so when I looked today at the bandwidth and traffic reports, I was quite amazed...
Its now the 17th of the month - just over half way thru.
the bandwidth allowance is 10 gig.
so far this month, only 3.3 gig has been used.
When I saw this - I thought that maybe less people were viewing the site, but its actually more than ever - on average nearly 1400 people a day!
I couldnt believe it to be honest, then I saw this post, and realised the change in how people use these forums must be making a huge difference to bandwidth usage.
I think we all owe Kronix a big sloppy kiss. Nice one sunshine.
Its now the 17th of the month - just over half way thru.
the bandwidth allowance is 10 gig.
so far this month, only 3.3 gig has been used.
When I saw this - I thought that maybe less people were viewing the site, but its actually more than ever - on average nearly 1400 people a day!
I couldnt believe it to be honest, then I saw this post, and realised the change in how people use these forums must be making a huge difference to bandwidth usage.
I think we all owe Kronix a big sloppy kiss. Nice one sunshine.
weedguru_asmodeus
Bikes see you through times of no money better than money sees you through times of no bikes.
http://www.weedguru.com
[img]http://www.weedguru.com/img/monk2.gif[/img]
Bikes see you through times of no money better than money sees you through times of no bikes.
http://www.weedguru.com
[img]http://www.weedguru.com/img/monk2.gif[/img]
- weedguru_asmodeus
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 738
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:20 pm
- Location: Yorkshire, UK
- Contact:
Oh yeah - I hav a couple of comments to the points a few people have raised...

Thanks to all the constructive comments in here, it really is helping a lot.
It takes up hardly any - the beauty of flash graphics is that they are bandwidth friendly - looking at this page is using over 4 times as much bandwidth as viewing the intro!We also need to remove the flash intro on the real site. That takes up an amazing amount of bandwidth
It is possible, but the beauty of the forums is that it stores gems of information from posts of old. If you want to know something, then a quick search would allow you to find it - but possibly not if auto prune was switched on.auto prune.
They are, but with the bandwidth being saved from this topics existance, I think we can allow it.Are these not wastes of bandwidth in a topic all about wasting bandwidth??
yup!That would mean everytime I hit the refresh button, that would take up bandwidth?
yup!it doesn't matter how much data is stored, only how many pages are viewed.
you're right - not very relevantThere 2339 members of weedguru who have never posted which is around two thirds of the total members.
Not very relevant though I spose, it just seems like a lot to me
Thanks to all the constructive comments in here, it really is helping a lot.
weedguru_asmodeus
Bikes see you through times of no money better than money sees you through times of no bikes.
http://www.weedguru.com
[img]http://www.weedguru.com/img/monk2.gif[/img]
Bikes see you through times of no money better than money sees you through times of no bikes.
http://www.weedguru.com
[img]http://www.weedguru.com/img/monk2.gif[/img]
-
the mac
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2625
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:51 am
- Location: Victoria BC Canada..
- Contact:
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
-
Caro
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6174
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
- Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
- Contact:
Hey guys, this is just like when you're rationing out your weed, and then you realize you have more than you thought you did.... woo hoo!
Seriously though, if Asmodeus is right and we saved our own bandwidth by collectively changing habits (I know I've been hitting back on my browser *cough* instead of uploading the page from Weedguru *cough*)...what, I'm smoking hash oil, it makes me cough. What was I saying? Oh yeah - way to fucking go, we rock.
Seriously though, if Asmodeus is right and we saved our own bandwidth by collectively changing habits (I know I've been hitting back on my browser *cough* instead of uploading the page from Weedguru *cough*)...what, I'm smoking hash oil, it makes me cough. What was I saying? Oh yeah - way to fucking go, we rock.
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
-
4*20
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2571
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:30 am
- Contact:
-
Gram
- Casual toker

- Posts: 81
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:20 pm
- Location: Montreal, Quebec..CANADA!
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users