What drug were they doing?

Got an opinion on a movie? Stick it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Weed-iculous
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 820
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:28 am
Location: New jersey

What drug were they doing?

Post by Weed-iculous »

I thought it would be nice if ther was a topic for people wondering what drug was used in what movie. I'm rather curious as to what they sniffed in Fear and loathing in l.v. when gonzo is screaming for "medicine" on the road to vegas before the hitchhiker runs away..my brother did them oncebut doesn't know what they're called
The Poster formerly knowns as Rockin-da-grange
[img]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v252/elpedro/cha.jpg[/img]
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Post by Gorecore »

I think the drug in question is mescaline.

I have no clue what mescaline is or what it does to you...but I'm fairly sure that's what they're doing.

Ether on the other hand is something I would like to get my hands on. Just from watching that movie alone makes me want to try huffing ether. I've heard that you can pass out from it pretty easily and when you wake up, you're violently sick to your stomach...

Hmmm...maybe I'll stick with weed.
Image
Juicy J
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:51 am
Location: Smoke dat weed
Contact:

Post by Juicy J »

I thought it was coke, dunno for sure
We smile wit dem gold teeth, I'm walkin wit a limp, smokin on a newport bumpin like a pimp.

[img]http://www.floridapl8s.com/collection/vanity/juicyj.jpg[/img]
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

lmao 'this man has a weak heart' hahahaha
Shwoot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: P.E., Canada
Contact:

Post by Shwoot »

I also thought it was coke, they kept it in a salt shaker right?

I got one, what drug did Uma Thurman snort in Pulp Fiction?
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]
auto
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Albany, NY
Contact:

Post by auto »

Shwoot wrote:I also thought it was coke, they kept it in a salt shaker right?
I got one, what drug did Uma Thurman snort in Pulp Fiction?
Mia snorted coke... OD-ed... and they had to give her an andrenaline shot to her heart to restart it.
Shwoot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: P.E., Canada
Contact:

Post by Shwoot »

No! It was Heroin. Yer supposed to put it in a balloon so you know it's not coke, but the dealer was out of balloons so he put it in a baggie for him. She searched Vince's coat and found the baggie, and thought it was coke.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]
WidespreadDead
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2397
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:03 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Post by WidespreadDead »

nah im pretty sure it was coke. Heart medicine, coke gets your heart pumping. and for pulp fiction what she snorted was heroin then the heroin cigarette.
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Post by Gorecore »

If you remember in the movie, they had a salt shaker of cocaine. Dr. Gonzo is in the passenger seat of the convertible and licks the crook of his thumb to sprinkle a snort of coke there. When he opens the shaker of coke, the wind takes it and blows it all away.

When Dr. Gonzo starts "suffering from a bad heart", Thompson hops in the front seat to give him his medicine...which is a small, brown paper or plastic cylinder that he breaks in half and has Gonzo take a "big whiff"...then he breaks open another one and says, "And one for the doctor...eeeeeee...eeeeee."

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not coke. Because all the coke they had on their trip blew away in the wind.
Image
BUDA
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3849
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:33 pm

Post by BUDA »

WidespreadDead wrote:nah im pretty sure it was coke. Heart medicine, coke gets your heart pumping. and for pulp fiction what she snorted was heroin then the heroin cigarette.
It was heroin thats why she Od'd.
Weed-iculous
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 820
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:28 am
Location: New jersey

Post by Weed-iculous »

to my question- its not coke, i know that much. im gunna google it see if theres a drug list, or does anyone have the book? i only had 10 bux on me at the book store and it was 15, so mehhh.
The Poster formerly knowns as Rockin-da-grange
[img]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v252/elpedro/cha.jpg[/img]
WidespreadDead
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2397
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:03 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Post by WidespreadDead »

im pretty sure it was coke cause it was in one of those things that you just break in half and sniff which coke comes in a lot more commonly than other drugs
Midnight Toker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:55 pm
Location: England

Post by Midnight Toker »

Shwoot wrote:No! It was Heroin. Yer supposed to put it in a balloon so you know it's not coke, but the dealer was out of balloons so he put it in a baggie for him. She searched Vince's coat and found the baggie, and thought it was coke.
That's spot on. I always thought it was heroin just from how it fucked her up, just never thought about it as logically as that.
[img]http://img155.exs.cx/img155/7595/tillijk2ss.png[/img]

''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best
Funk Doctor
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 pm
Location: Above the clouds

Post by Funk Doctor »

I wonder what Gonzo was on when they were driving alongside a cab and he's like "Y'all wanna buy some heroin eehhhheehhhehhhhheeehh..." and spitting booze at them in a high pitched voice and spitting booze at them. That part always cracks me up.
pirate
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2369
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:37 am
Location: here
Contact:

Post by pirate »

Midnight this is all a lie wrote:
Shwoot wrote:No! It was Heroin. Yer supposed to put it in a balloon so you know it's not coke, but the dealer was out of balloons so he put it in a baggie for him. She searched Vince's coat and found the baggie, and thought it was coke.
That's spot on. I always thought it was heroin just from how it fucked her up, just never thought about it as logically as that.
nothing logical about it...he goes to buy heroin from Lance..there's about 15 minutes of him injecting it, plus Lance weighing it out and outting it in a baggie...not paying attention wot? :)
www.adventuresindaytripping.blogspot.com


[img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6476/logohm6.jpg[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users