least time youve held a job

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6579
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

least time youve held a job

Post by weedguru_animal »

I started work as a traffic warden last year. well, I started my first day of training, then left at lunchtime. I decided it wasnt for me. So that was about 3 hours. I just wondering if neone else got a record for 'least time spent i the same job'....
Weedguru Cusmar
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Floating (Brighton, U.K.)
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Cusmar »

I did a door 2 door sales job payed on commision. I was weary when i started. But the boss man told us (me n my mate) that we get £25 per form we get someone to fill in on their doorstep, quite a hard task but just one an hour and i'd be sorted. On the first day we found out he'd bent the truth and we only get money if the people who filled in the form agree to have their house surveyed by the company. Whilst he was explaining this I looked at my mate with the exact same face he was looking at me with, the look of being severely pissed off. I stood up threw this clipboard thing they gave us on the floor and said to every poor desperate jobless soul that was their "cant you see this is just a scam?". The boss looked at me and my mate like we were propper crazy rude fuckers, and carried on persuading the idiots that they were gonna be rich in a few weeks. That man is despicable if im ever in that part of town again im gonna see if thats still goign on and make a habbit of enlightening the poor people that get suckered in.
[img]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5585/tokeuphh5.gif[/img]
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

i had a job as a security guard. my job was to handle parking violations and i would drive around in a golf cart. i left after my first day of training so about 4 or 5 hours.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
User avatar
SmokyMcPot420
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:41 pm

Post by SmokyMcPot420 »

Weedguru DrGreenthumb wrote:i had a job as a security guard. my job was to handle parking violations and i would drive around in a golf cart. i left after my first day of training so about 4 or 5 hours.
lol whyed you leave that job? that sounds like a really fun, not hard job!
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

"once you make peace with authority, you become authority"

i really didnt want to be a rent a cop and they didnt pay me enough to wear the uniform.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
User avatar
blade44
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:19 am
Contact:

Post by blade44 »

im a security guard right now, there is nothing wrong with it. I love autority and telling punks what to do. I also get along with alot of the kids i meet and hook up deals and vice versa. Im one of those shady security guards. I do mall work, construction sites and clubs. I love it its great.

As far as the shortest job i once worked at a gas station on the console thing, i left after about 1 hour...
[url=http://www.whenpeoplefly.com][img]http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/4572/cannibescomsig1wn.jpg[/img][/url]
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

i did it at a college and my boss was an ex cop everytime we would speak i felt as if i was being interrogated. i could see where the job has its pros but not enough for me. i was more of a meter maid than a security guard and it just didnt sit well with me.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
Weedguru_Dusk
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:54 am
Location: 7th circle of hell
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Dusk »

The job I'm at now is my first real job and I've had this since August of '04. So currently its the shorest and longest job I've held.
"having a conversation with you is like walking through a Salvador Dali painting"
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
Grrrl
Moderator
Posts: 1220
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:19 pm
Location: Manchester, uk
Contact:

Post by Grrrl »

i lasted an hour on my first shift at burger king, realised how degraded i felt cleaning up grozz off the floor and promptly left. my dead end job is much better now :)
Image
Me importa un pimiento...
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Post by Gorecore »

Least amount of time I spent at a job was one week. It would have been less, but I was away from home with no car.

I worked for one week with a half-assed company that did half assed jobs installing internet/phone lines in businesses. My first day on the job, I'm told I'm going with some other guy I never met to work 300 kilometers from home. We stayed in a hotel the whole week, and we smoked up every night...but the work sucked. I don't like being away from my own bed/shower/food for that long either.
Image
User avatar
Skwerl_Butt
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1293
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:44 pm
Location: You know where California is??..Yeah, well, I live no where near there
Contact:

Post by Skwerl_Butt »

Weedguru_Dusk wrote:The job I'm at now is my first real job and I've had this since August of '04. So currently its the shorest and longest job I've held.
yeah me too.
except i started in late august '05.

Some may love it it..but being a supermarket cashier
in manhattan sucks for me...
i dont mind packing the bags (alot of bananas..lol) for the elderly..
but the fucking typical new yorkers who are always in a rush to
leave and never in a rush to stop talking.

I wanted to quit the first day i was there...
does that count?
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/p358a9a70c2270c3bf723e8751bbcc292/f378b808.jpg[/img]
Rip721
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:02 am
Contact:

Post by Rip721 »

ive never had a job... so that is my shortest and longest time of work....
Weed is Good[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,weed,white,black.png[/img][/url]
User avatar
blade44
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:19 am
Contact:

Post by blade44 »

Rip721 wrote:ive never had a job... so that is my shortest and longest time of work....
you must either be 12 years old, a bum or a freeloader... which is it? :roll:
[url=http://www.whenpeoplefly.com][img]http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/4572/cannibescomsig1wn.jpg[/img][/url]
Darth Inhaler
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:58 am
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Post by Darth Inhaler »

I don't have a steady job, but once in a while i'll get a "job" which takes me maybe half an hour to finish
I think drugs have done some good things for us, and if you don't believe me, do me a favor. Go home tonight and burn all your albums, tapes, and cd's. Because the musicians who made all that great music...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users