Xbox 360
Moderator: Moderators
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Xbox 360
I have purchased an XBox 360 from my girlfriends brother in law and will be getting it next week. my daughter has been begging me to buy one for ages...I don't know much about them though..I still am content will my old SNES lol.
What I'm wondering is, aside from guitar hero, was good games are there that would be appropriate for her age (she's almost 12)?? Any recommendations. I plan on buying second hand ones....
And can these games be downloaded (torrent) and burned to a CD like I do with DVD's?
What I'm wondering is, aside from guitar hero, was good games are there that would be appropriate for her age (she's almost 12)?? Any recommendations. I plan on buying second hand ones....
And can these games be downloaded (torrent) and burned to a CD like I do with DVD's?

-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: Xbox 360
viva Pinata might be fun seeing she's a girl
loads of sports games on there too,if she's into racing she'll find a lot of games on there too.
As you can understand I don't really know anything about kid's games as I don't play those, but browse online (you can find a list of xbox live games and their ratings online) and see which games seem kid friendly.
And well, the best thing actually would be for you to create an xbox live account she can use too, and browse the Xbox LIve arcade, it's filled with cheap retro games so your daughter will have fun browsing that too.
And give us your gamertag so we can play together, i mean as a father the least you can do is claim the console for yourself sometimes :p
loads of sports games on there too,if she's into racing she'll find a lot of games on there too.
As you can understand I don't really know anything about kid's games as I don't play those, but browse online (you can find a list of xbox live games and their ratings online) and see which games seem kid friendly.
And well, the best thing actually would be for you to create an xbox live account she can use too, and browse the Xbox LIve arcade, it's filled with cheap retro games so your daughter will have fun browsing that too.
And give us your gamertag so we can play together, i mean as a father the least you can do is claim the console for yourself sometimes :p
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
-
Ikku
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
- Contact:
Re: Xbox 360
For a 12 year old girl I probably would have gone with a Wii...all I can think of is shooters and sports games for 360
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Xbox 360
man i thought this was about a ps3 until i read this postIkku wrote:For a 12 year old girl I probably would have gone with a Wii...all I can think of is shooters and sports games for 360

-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: Xbox 360
Yea that's what I was thinking. Wii has a ton of sports games, girly games, sing along games and kiddie games. Plus she'll be standing up and won't become a couch potatoe like the rest of us.Ikku wrote:For a 12 year old girl I probably would have gone with a Wii...all I can think of is shooters and sports games for 360
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Xbox 360
Well it's too late now....She's a sort of a tomboyish girl I forgot to mention....she will enjoy racing and some sports games...namely hockey and soccer if they exist for the 360?
Does is cost anything to have an xbox live account
Does is cost anything to have an xbox live account

-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
-
Ikku
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
- Contact:
Re: Xbox 360
FIFA 10 should be a good choice. Haven't played it actually but the previous FIFA games have all been good online or off
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: Xbox 360
yeah NHL games are on xbox too
lots and lots of stuff man
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
-
Gorecore
- Weedguru Grampy

- Posts: 4115
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
- Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Xbox 360



If she likes racing and really cool car crashes, check this game out...her Dad will like it, too!


-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Xbox 360
Hey, guys thanks for your input...
We'll go with sports and racing...that last racing game looks cool. My daughter found a snowboarding game that she wants too.
Can these games be downloaded (torrent or something) and burned on a CD?
We'll go with sports and racing...that last racing game looks cool. My daughter found a snowboarding game that she wants too.
Can these games be downloaded (torrent or something) and burned on a CD?

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
-
Gorecore
- Weedguru Grampy

- Posts: 4115
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
- Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Xbox 360
You can find cheap used games at EB Games. Even keep an eye out for those large bins of cheap games. You'll see them at your grocery store, wal-mart, zellers, etc. and have the odd good title for between 10$-20$.

-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
-
wgToonces
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2777
- Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Contact:
Re: Xbox 360
Yeah man, just what I was about to say. A Wii would kinda better suit a 12 yr old girl, or maybe a copy of TwilightIkku wrote:For a 12 year old girl I probably would have gone with a Wii...all I can think of is shooters and sports games for 360
Anyways, as for games, I was going to shout MODERN WARFARE 2!!!!! But then I read it was for your 12 year old daughter, so I suppose I wouldn't have a clue man. You should still buy MW2 though, for yourself, it's pretty intense.
:scratchs:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users