Kick-ass
Moderator: Moderators
-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Kick-ass
Anyone here see kickass? I got mixed feelings about this movie.. it's a movie that you would expect would be meant for 7-10 year old's. It has the kid who wants to be a super hero, the real super heros, then the villains just like most other comic book type movies, but no..this movie has a twist. Unlike a normal, corny ass super hero movie, there is actual violence and cursing involved... fuck, the little girl in the movie has the best personality ever. She's a BAMF that is almost like a young laura kroft from tombraider.. but even more badass, and only at the age of 11 or so. A little girl callin people cunts, mass killing people, and all while being a smartass.
The movie was really good at some points, and shitty at others...there are a few scenes that are just really fake or corny, but somehow finds me getting sucked back in again moments after.
I'll rate it a 8/10
The movie was really good at some points, and shitty at others...there are a few scenes that are just really fake or corny, but somehow finds me getting sucked back in again moments after.
I'll rate it a 8/10
Peace Not Greed.
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Kick-ass
I almost downloaded it yesterday but it looked more like a kiddy movie too me, which turned me off it

-
jcube69
- Bonghead

- Posts: 330
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:42 am
- Location: Roaming The midwestern void....
- Contact:
Re: Kick-ass
i saw this in theaters and didnt regret it def a good movie not one you will regret
Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: Kick-ass
yeah the previews are decieving.. it's more of a shock value I think when the beginning they cut the guys fingers off, and the dad shoots his daughter.. but you have to see it to get itWeedguru Higher wrote:I almost downloaded it yesterday but it looked more like a kiddy movie too me, which turned me off it
Peace Not Greed.
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Kick-ass
Well my daughter wants to see it too, so it's downloading...I'll let ya know what I think of it when I watch it
Edit:
Ha, it's downloading from Vuze at around 850 KB/s ! Damn fast..12 minutes and it'll be done
Edit:
Ha, it's downloading from Vuze at around 850 KB/s ! Damn fast..12 minutes and it'll be done

-
Grrrl
- Moderator
- Posts: 1220
- Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:19 pm
- Location: Manchester, uk
- Contact:
Re: Kick-ass
I didnt like it, but films have to be amazing to keep my attention, and it was far from amazing in my eyes.

Me importa un pimiento...
-
wgToonces
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2777
- Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Contact:
Re: Kick-ass
I liked it up untill the point the little girl got spinning side kicked in the throat by that grown man...Then GOT BACK UP SECONDS LATER.
then I just switched it off
then I just switched it off
:scratchs:
-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Kick-ass
dude thats like turning off first blood 2 because Rambo is dual wielding AKs with perfect accuracy.. it doesnt have to be real or it would suck.Toonces wrote:I liked it up untill the point the little girl got spinning side kicked in the throat by that grown man...Then GOT BACK UP SECONDS LATER.
then I just switched it off

-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: Kick-ass
Was it suppose to be a comedy .....? I only laughed like two times.
I liked it..the fight scenes are pretty awesome. I like how it's realistic and dark... def not all corny at all.
I liked it..the fight scenes are pretty awesome. I like how it's realistic and dark... def not all corny at all.
-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: Kick-ass
nope, it wasn't supposed to be a comedy.. the only thing corny with it was the very ending, but overall it was a real good movie, meant to kind of one up the average comic based movie with a few twists
Peace Not Greed.
-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: Kick-ass
You pretty much watched the entire movie at that point lolToonces wrote:I liked it up untill the point the little girl got spinning side kicked in the throat by that grown man...Then GOT BACK UP SECONDS LATER.
then I just switched it off
-
wgToonces
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2777
- Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Contact:
Re: Kick-ass
^Indeed.
And a little girl who annoyed me the whole movie getting kicked in the throat and getting back up isnt the same as Rambo weilding double AKs with perfect accuracy. I mean...bah, fuck it. The whole movie was kind of annoying, even the title annoys me in some ways when I think about it. Corny ass movie with a little girl getting spinning kicked by a grown man in the throat and getting back up 2 seconds later.
I rate it a 2/10. 1 for the guy who kicks her and 1 for the production crew.
And a little girl who annoyed me the whole movie getting kicked in the throat and getting back up isnt the same as Rambo weilding double AKs with perfect accuracy. I mean...bah, fuck it. The whole movie was kind of annoying, even the title annoys me in some ways when I think about it. Corny ass movie with a little girl getting spinning kicked by a grown man in the throat and getting back up 2 seconds later.
I rate it a 2/10. 1 for the guy who kicks her and 1 for the production crew.
:scratchs:
-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: Kick-ass
You forget she was a trained assassin or whatever. She'd probably been kicked in the face many times.
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Kick-ass
I watched it yesterday...it was ok I guess..
I do agree that for them not having superpowers, they sure took some unrealistic hits though
By the way it ended I guess there will be a 2nd movie
I do agree that for them not having superpowers, they sure took some unrealistic hits though
By the way it ended I guess there will be a 2nd movie

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users