Master and Commander

Got an opinion on a movie? Stick it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6579
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Master and Commander

Post by weedguru_animal »


I quite enjoyed this...for two hours it kept me thoroughly engaged. Most of all I was embracing, the quite likely, close to reality, hardships and horrors of the life and times of the Navies of old. When no air support could be called in by telecommunication. And battles were even harsher than on land, for the sailors had to contend with the regularly harsh elements of the wide open ocean, as well as the cannon balls of their enemies.

Decent effects, and whilst I have a rather vicious opinion of Russel Crowe, I can easily accept that he plays the hero, very well indeed, and he excelled himself with this film, as to my mind, he also excelled with Gladiator and LA COnfidential.

Animal Rating 6.5/10
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users