Secret of Kells O_O

Got an opinion on a movie? Stick it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
Location: Stoned Soliloquy
Contact:

Secret of Kells O_O

Post by Weedguru_Falkon »

Has anyone seen or heard of this movie?
I randomly found it on netflix... Honestly one of the best movies I've ever seen. interesting and unique storyline, WAY intense animation, every layer of emotion both in atmosphere and emotion come out extremely vibrantly...
Should be seen on a good TV/monitor (HD 1080 i/p resolution or HDMI) to really see insane artwork and detail (parts of the fractals and artwork are very reminiscent of DMT experiences...), but smaller resolution will not disappoint.



The music is fantastic, fitting moods perfectly, never getting repetitive or predictable. Flows pretty naturally.
The story twists and turns and artwork doesn't get monotonous to look at either; the movie is filled with interesting new perspectives and presentations of the plot. artwork is ridiculously detailed and fresh.

10/10 :o
Image
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by blackxs »

Looks like Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away, both also very good films I will recommend

Ill check this one out when I get a chance
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by andriaSRH »

Ooooo looks interesting.

Gonna check it out later on. ^.^
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6579
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by weedguru_animal »

Brilliant suggestion, falkon...I will have it by tonight.
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6579
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by weedguru_animal »

suitably stoned upon a platform of vodka, I adored this film...Stunningly beautiful, wild story, gorgeously rendered. Have the producers made any more of a similar ilk????
Animal Rating 8/10
pudd1818
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:28 am
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by pudd1818 »

Just about to get stoned. So this makes my movie selection easier. I hope it is a good one.
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6579
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by weedguru_animal »

I was in two minds last night, as to whether to go for the likely frenetic mayhem of Death Proof...or pretty fantasy of Secret of Kells. I opted for the latter because I was heavily stoned, and pondered that as my head was more electrified than my other facets, it was better to go with the surrealism and wonderful visuals of Kells. I think from now on, as it always makes a difference to me what state I am in when i watch a film, I will add to my reviews Suggested Companions. As in Greenery, Alcohol, or something more vigorous...
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by andriaSRH »

Gonna check this out on netflix tonight. ^.^
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by andriaSRH »

Omg, what a fantastic movie. I loved it. It'd be fun to watch while tripping lol. Visually stunning and I never got bored . At first I thought it was going to be slow but it drew me right in.

+1
NotVeryCool
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:37 am
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by NotVeryCool »

andriaSRH wrote:Omg, what a fantastic movie. I loved it. It'd be fun to watch while tripping lol. Visually stunning and I never got bored . At first I thought it was going to be slow but it drew me right in.

+1
Thanks for your review, glad to see it was enjoyable. Honestly, I've never heard of it and this type of animation isn't my favorite, but I'm probably going to check it out. Mary and Max was unique, hope this film proves to be just as good.
Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
Location: Stoned Soliloquy
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by Weedguru_Falkon »

blackxs wrote:Looks like Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away, both also very good films I will recommend

Ill check this one out when I get a chance
netflix recommended it to me I thin because of my loving of those two movies...
Princess mononoke is one of my favorite movies of all time. In fact, I watched it last night with my buddy whos never seen it (or anything by Miyazaki, even O.O) fucking awesome.
Glad you guys have liked the movie! I only know of one person in person whos seen it and they thought it was childish. It kinda is, and i'm glad you all got past that, but its just so fucking awesome.
Image
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by andriaSRH »

Princess Monoke is masterpiece. Definately in my top 10 favorite movies.

Now I wanna watch it. :D
Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
Location: Stoned Soliloquy
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by Weedguru_Falkon »

Do it!
Image
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6579
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by weedguru_animal »

and that fairy from the forest nearby the settlement...she has some of the nature of my perfect woman.
Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
Location: Stoned Soliloquy
Contact:

Re: Secret of Kells O_O

Post by Weedguru_Falkon »

^ I agree! Except I feel like a pedophile thinking so... :(
Image
Image
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users