Page 1 of 2

Nutmeg (again)

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:20 am
by VinceNoir
I only heard about this a few days ago, I've read everything I can find on the damn subject so maybe this post seems a bit pointless but what I'm asking is, is the general consensus that it's worth it?

A small by the by note...I was talking to my friend about it earlier, we had quite a long and involved discussion about it. Only a while later did I find out that for some bizarre reason he thought I meant Nutella instead of nutmeg. I imagine that would be a much more pleasant tasting experience than nutmeg...

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:38 am
by flynn
fuck nutmeg.....

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:02 am
by cutthecashflow
Actually I could go for a round of it again.

Its a complete different high one you really only wanna do once or twice a year. You can get slight slips from reality. A little hallucinogetic once in a while to. I took mine early in the evening around 4 ocklock and Time went on and I thought this stuff sucks. But around 9 ockclock it came on as a mild buzz. One you would get from 1-2 hits of some good bud. As the time goes on from there you dont really notice the time. Just kinda feel like laying down. I was sitting on the floor and I couldnt get up just so stoned I didnt wanna move. The rest of the night I dont really remember just kinda layed there chilled out glued to the couch slight visuals.

Beware of the next day though you are still feeling the effects ( not as strong unless large dose was taking) And your eyes look like someone popped them with a needle. They get red. Make sure the next day is an off day.

P.S. The taste is absolutly horrible. USe lotsa water.

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:42 am
by VinceNoir
The other thing I'm not too clear on is what's the best thing to do about food? I mean, do we take the nutmeg after a meal, before a meal, on an emtpy stomach...Maybe this seems like too much thought but from what I've read nutmeg is not something to be taken lightly and I don't intend to do so.

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:48 am
by Funk Doctor
What the hell is up with all these dumbshits getting high off cough syrup and fucking nutmeg. But some real drugs, you stingy bastards. :?

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:50 am
by pirate
excuse me...
is vincenoir talking about nutmeg the spice? you can get high with it?

wtf?

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:02 pm
by VinceNoir
Weedguru Funk Doctor wrote:What the hell is up with all these dumbshits getting high off cough syrup and fucking nutmeg. But some real drugs, you stingy bastards. :?
It's not that I don't want to spend money on "real drugs", nor that I can't get them. I don't think that wanting to try something new makes me a "dumbshit", I'm simply being open to new experiences.

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:05 pm
by Funk Doctor
Well why don't you try shooting yourself in the foot then, I bet that's a real experience too (Y)

There's a big difference between being open to new experiences and being dumb. And snorting nutmeg is just plain dumb.

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:07 pm
by VinceNoir
Good job I'm not intending to snort it then.

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:00 pm
by Logistics
Purple Monkey wrote:excuse me...
is vincenoir talking about nutmeg the spice? you can get high with it?

wtf?
get yourself some freshly grated or fresh-powdered nutmeg, then carefully WEIGH OUT 1 gram to 1.25 grams per 10 pounds of body mass. you could try to take it with a drink, but there's not too much of a way to fully mask the spice in anything. to correct funk, you eat it. anyways, i don't think it's worth it. :wink:

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:57 pm
by Funk Doctor
Ok then.

Eating nutmeg is just plain dumb.

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:14 pm
by cutthecashflow
Dude go here and get all the facts you need. Look at the peoples weight and dosage under the expeirences.

Make sure you buy it from a health food store or a spices store. Otherwise it will just suck. I think the best way is to buy the actual nuts and crush them up.


Forgot the url. http://www.erowid.org/plants/nutmeg/nutmeg.shtml

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:02 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
Logistics wrote:
Purple Monkey wrote:excuse me...
is vincenoir talking about nutmeg the spice? you can get high with it?

wtf?
fuck weighing it out eat a shitload of nasty ass nutmeg and your suppose to trip out...i tried it and it was more of a tranquilizer...no real trip that i noticed

the next day your tired and your eyes are completely red

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:37 am
by Juicy J
Hmm, I have never tried it
but im wondering if maybe you had some old pills like in caps, just empty them and fill them up with nutmeg?

Might be time consuming but worth it.

Shit sounds kind of stupid to me, Id rather just smoke weed but just an idea.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:47 am
by Juicy J
...