Controversial Band Names

Hip-hop, house, happy hardcore - what do you listen to?

Moderator: Moderators

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Controversial Band Names

Post by Gorecore »

Do you guys listen to any bands that a lot of people like the PMRC and other censors find 'meanings' behind?

A few I can think of are all acronyms. No, I didn't cheat and look at the internet. I'm a big fan of metal and old metal/rock.

W.A.S.P.- "We Are Sexual Perverts"
AC/DC- Anti-Christ/Devil-Child
KISS- Knights In Satan's Service
SLAYER- Satan Laughs As You Eternally Rot (supposedly the band denies it, but it sounds cool. I think it was made up though).
Image
auto
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Albany, NY
Contact:

Re: Controversial Band Names

Post by auto »

Gorecore wrote:W.A.S.P.- "We Are Sexual Perverts"
I thought WASP was White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

FIAB- Fart in a bottle

band a friend of mine plays in
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Weedguru_Dusk
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:54 am
Location: 7th circle of hell
Contact:

Re: Controversial Band Names

Post by Weedguru_Dusk »

auto wrote:
Gorecore wrote:W.A.S.P.- "We Are Sexual Perverts"
I thought WASP was White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.
It is. But I suppose they can be sexual perverts as well. Kinda like killing two bird with one stone using that name.
"having a conversation with you is like walking through a Salvador Dali painting"
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
User avatar
FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Deep South FL
Contact:

Post by FIRE!!! »

Flow wrote:FIAB- Fart in a bottle

band a friend of mine plays in
I drank one of those once...

WTF was I thinking...

whoops wrong thread :oops:
[img]http://music.clevver.com/MusicPics/4859.jpg[/img]
jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6131
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Newcastle, England
Contact:

Post by jonny cockeral »

selfish cunt

(real london based band)
Cameron.
charlesmingus
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:08 pm
Contact:

Post by charlesmingus »

Dying Foetus
BGDetroit

Post by BGDetroit »

Natas, A Detroit rapper. Natas backwards is Satan.
User avatar
Tr0n
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:12 pm
Contact:

Post by Tr0n »

Orgy
My Cartoons

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/search.php?terms=grasso&kind=a
Substance G
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:58 am
Contact:

Post by Substance G »

Cannibal Corpse?

New Pornographers!

Uhm, I dunno if censors think they're bad, but, it, uh... sounds bad.
:)
[url=http://www.howstrange.com/gallery/cat_rolling.gif][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/daginobino/Photo_0219.jpg[/img][/url]
charlesmingus
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:08 pm
Contact:

Post by charlesmingus »

Anal Cunt!
tweedle

Post by tweedle »

Motorhead used to be called Bastard
WidespreadDead
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2397
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:03 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Post by WidespreadDead »

Vaginal Jesus. some white power death metal band this kid in my english class listens to
jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6131
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Newcastle, England
Contact:

Post by jonny cockeral »

those white power bands are weird and stupid. the other dya i read about some young american twin girls that sing white power songs cause there mam educated them all there lives nearly with 1950s text books and her own opinions
Cameron.
hashpipe
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:42 pm
Location: baggie
Contact:

Post by hashpipe »

uhm, thats prussian bleu or something, goddamn that, two 12 year old girls, singing about white america etc etc....

pethatic, those girls arent doing anything wrong, what would you do if you were brought up by lets say hitler... you wont even know your being racist assholes.

but its fucked up...
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users