Page 1 of 2
Scale..Weird !!
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:24 am
by haithy
So yeah i bought a scale tonight and well, i couldnt find a small one at the store nearby so i got a kitchen scale lol (digital) anyways...I put a nickel and it weighs it to a gram, i put a pen and it weighs it to 10 g. so im like k its working, so i put my weed and wtfff it doesnt weigh up to anything. I was soo confused right there, and im not high or anything now to be lost but wat is going on

...im very pissed now this thing is 60 bux Canadian!!!
Ill post pics of my stash later tonight and decide how much it might weigh :S
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:34 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
I think a nickel should weigh more than a gram, if you mean nickel as in currency. Try weighing a dollar and let me know what it says.
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:57 am
by haithy
yeah i just weighted a canadian dollar and it is 9 g.
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:24 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
I meant a dollar bill, paper money.
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:28 am
by haithy
it is 0g. this scale measures 5000/1g. so the partials dont show :s but i have enough bud to show and im sure, im so confused now lol
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:30 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
how much bud do you have?
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:32 am
by haithy
supposedly its 5gs but i dont think it is, i got ripped off by some fag who took advantage of me being blitzed. so i bought the scale to make sure, cuz when i do im gonna go punk him off. ill post a pic in about a minute
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:38 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
You could have bought a simple hand scale for $5 at a headshop, not the nicest or most acurate but it reads to the half gram.
If I remember correctly a dollar bill should be .1g
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:43 am
by haithy
yeah...i shouldve but really the nearest head shop is about 10 miles away, needs a bit of time but anyways here is a pic of my stuff:
http://www.image2host.com/t.php?img=8ec752e5d5.jpg
http://www.image2host.com/t.php?img=4a2f2629c4.jpg
pics are big so i didnt want to post directly here as i find it annoying
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:54 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
Its hard to tell how much that I because there nothing to compare it to, but if I was you I would take back that scale back.
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:56 am
by Weedguru Sensei
It is hard to tell, but if I'm seeing it right I'd take back that weed too, that's not near 5g
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:00 am
by haithy
yeah...man fuck lol i hate being such a newbie, cuz i dont really buy i just toke w.e is there. i knew it wasnt even 5gs as soon as i came sober
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:01 am
by Weedguru Sensei
try to take a better quality piture, with something to compare size to
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:20 pm
by PuffPuffGive
yeah even with nothing to compare it to that looks closer to an eigth than 5 grams (by the way when u get a new scale remember to take it out of the bag)

Re: Scale..Weird !!
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:36 am
by cutthecashflow
haithy wrote:So yeah i bought a scale tonight and well, i couldnt find a small one at the store nearby so i got a kitchen scale lol (digital) anyways...I put a nickel and it weighs it to a gram, i put a pen and it weighs it to 10 g. so im like k its working, so i put my weed and wtfff it doesnt weigh up to anything. I was soo confused right there, and im not high or anything now to be lost but wat is going on

...im very pissed now this thing is 60 bux Canadian!!!
Ill post pics of my stash later tonight and decide how much it might weigh :S
An American Nickel weighs in at exactly five grams.
See if theres a tare button on your scale. If there is you need to hit the tare button every time you want to start over and weigh something. Hit tare and wait for the scale to zero out then put on the desired weight and things should weigh out fine.
If you can find an American nickel I suggest picking one up. Any bank should have a roll of them for $2 American.