Page 1 of 1

What is a Roach and How do I Make One?

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:07 pm
by Weedguru Higher
What is a Roach and How do I Make One?

A roach is a bit of card used at the mouth-end of a joint to give it some stability and is a crucial part of making a half decent spliff. No one likes smoking a minging spliff when the end is wet and soggy so use a roach. A good roach allows the smoke to pass through it with no bits of tobacco or herb flying into your mouth. A roach also prevents congestion at the bottom of the joint, because the roach keeps the part where you put your mouth open. Without a roach it would get wet and narrow, thus blocking the smoke and making it harder to inhale. And last but defiantly not least, things like burned lips and fingers are a thing of the past. We all want to get the maximum out of our joints, so when we come at the end, we tend to smoke it until we feel something burning. By that time its to late and you got a blister. A roach should be approx 1cm by 1.5, but a larger one may be required with a massive spliff. Some people also refer to a roach as a filter.

Image Image

Roll the bit of card up tightly

Good roaches include the packet from the rolling papers, a business card or anything thin enough that rolls easily and doesn’t end up in a square/triangle.

Image

The finished roach is ready to drop into your joint

Image

Image

You can insert a roach before or after completing your roll...personally I insert it after rolling but apparently people say it's easier to put it in before

Image


Image

Tips

Don’t use paper out of ANY magazine, the material is to soft and it got ink all over it!

Don’t use a roach/filter from a cigarette. It will filter to much of the good stuff!

Don’t use gum wrap paper or any kind of candy paper, its made out of plastic (most of the time) and it will have ink on it and I bet it smells like the candy.

Don’t be a smart ass by thinking you will get a candy like joint if you roll the roach from a candy paper, because it won’t work, trust me on that one!


http://www.joint-rolling-guide.com/

Re: What is a Roach and How do I Make One?

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:12 am
by SykonoT
Candy joint lmao that would be a nasty ass wax joint lol might as well smoke a candle

Re: What is a Roach and How do I Make One?

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:48 pm
by Weedguru_Fire_Inside
hahaha, it's so easy to tell that this tutorial was created by one of my countrymen.

Re: What is a Roach and How do I Make One?

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:25 am
by (weedguru)scarf
we always use roaches when we smoke
save burning your fingers

Re: What is a Roach and How do I Make One?

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:19 am
by Blunt Docta
same here,although sometimes i wont and use my fingernails as roach clip

Re: What is a Roach and How do I Make One?

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:51 pm
by vapornation
A roach is a small part of the joint left. A Crutch is what you are referring to