Page 1 of 2

First Time

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:48 pm
by aslate
Hey. I'll be first-timing on my own tonight and was wondering on what tips anyone has. I have tried before but i wasn't really comfortable enough in the situation with others to enjoy it. I know little about preparing it or how much i should use. I've got some of my dad's rolling tobacco and papers (Short, "Medium weight") and some bud.

I've tried rolling with my dad's tobacco and, well, it wasn't very promising so i'm thinking of trying the pencil method i read in the rolling forums.

What i'm really unsure about is how do i prepare my bud, how much do i need compared to tobacco (Or how much i need without), do i need a roach (and then the best way to make them) and how long would i expect it to last?

Anyway, thanks for any help and any other tips you can give!

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:56 pm
by Caro
I've said this before, but it's just my opinion: why on earth would you try to roll your first time, when it's so easy to make a pipe? I mean, I still can't roll. :lol:

If you are set on rolling, though, you'll want to prepare the weed by shredding it very fine with scissors. Don't include the stems or any seeds you find. How much you use depends on how big you want your joint to be. If you put a nice sized load in the paper, the excess will fall out as you roll. I don't know about wether you should use a roach or not - no? I've smoked plenty of joints without roaches.

If you can't get your joint to roll, try this. Clean out a soda can, and bend it in such a way as to make a trough for your weed. Poke holes in the trough with a pin. This is a simple and easy way to smoke. You can also cut a hole in the can that you cover with your finger as you inhale, and when you remove your finger (still inhaling, you do this at the end of your hit) it will clear the can of smoke.

First time, if you get a few decent hits in ya, the buzz should last about four hours.

Welcome to the wonderful world of weed. :D

Oh yeah - if you are smoking in your room, make sure you have water and food, so you don't have to go anywhere.

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:04 pm
by aslate
Pipe? I've attempted to make my own bong out of a coke bottle, but without anything i can think of to use for a bowl i can't really use it (But i can get a rolled one and slot it in the tube). Unless anyone has any ideas on what to use for a bowl?

Seeing as i'm too young to get a pipe or anything in shops and i'd have to use my parent's credit card to get one online i can't really buy one.

EDIT: On the scissors front, i suppose kitchen scissors aren't fine enough? My mum's got proper hair-dressing scissors, would they come out clean and non-smelly if i just give them a wash or would a kitchen knife do well enough?

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:48 pm
by Goodtime Slim
You don't have to used scissors, I always just crumble it with my fingers but you could also use a knife, it doesn't really matter waht you use just aslong as it is all crumbled fairly small

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:06 pm
by aslate
Here i go!

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:16 pm
by weedguru tom
nice one im wasted now too been on a right mission, n msn wont work for me ;/

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:30 pm
by aslate
tom wrote:nice one im wasted now too been on a right mission, n msn wont work for me ;/
First hit, about 23:10PM, now it's 23:28PM!

Oh fuck, i think that was too much at once. It feels so good, too good. Oh, this chair is so relaxing. I'm just falling backwards!

EDIT: There, i didn't go back in time

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:32 pm
by weedguru tom
how the fuck you go back in time, i want some of that shit

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:13 am
by aslate
Much better then last time, although i'm probably wayyy more stoned then the last time. I can still move about the house without crashing, but going down two flights of stairs for something is a daunting prospect.

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:11 am
by xBlackSails420x
The first thing I ever smoked out of was a blunt. I mastered rolling in about 2 weeks (rooling almost everyday for friends). :D

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:23 am
by Goodtime Slim
rollling is kind of fun or should be

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:10 am
by 100:10100
It's fun if you do it right, and if you get that nice cone shape...It just looks so damn cool :P I want to roll one and then put in in a glass case as a trophy lol!

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:26 am
by lawnmowerman
fruit bowls.....

you will need one apple 1 pencil, some tin foil, and a pin

cut a piece of foil 2inches to 3 inches (30 to 70 mm) fold it around your thumb or finger.... then jam the pencil into the top of the apple about halfway through and partly remove pencil and make top of hole larger by augering the pencil in a circle to fit your finger bowl into it.....with that done here is the only hard part jam the pencil in the side of the apple to meat the first hole in a 90 degree angle to the first hole make a few holes in the bottom of your foil and stick in the top of the apple ......enjoy
when done smoking toss the foil and munch the apple

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:09 am
by aslate
I can't roll yet, but i'll keep practising. The can-pipe worked a treat. Man, that was awesome! I think i smoked a bit too much as i didn't feel anything and wasn't sure if i'd given it enough time or if i hadn't had enough. I might try a small bit again tonight, my gran'll be here, but she doesn't come upstairs.

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:03 pm
by Nessus
Rolling is fun, to practice get some rolling tabacco (either from your dad, or buy your own) then practice with this, saves on weed!

Rolling with weed is different than with tabacco though, when you grind/slice or crumble your weed in, it rolls easier than tabacco.

If you wants to make a normal spliff... People tend to use a 50/50 - 80/20 mix of weed to tabacco. Try smaller quantities of weed first to see their effect on you, then decrease the tabacco to suit your taste!

Have fun and experiment dude! Life's a challenge, weed is that well deserved tea break!

- Nessus