Page 1 of 2
Higher?
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:34 am
by Gram
Do u get higher when u smoke a gram with a pipe then u would smoking a gram rolled in a spliff?
i'm thinking of buying a pipe 2morrow for convenience but i'd just like to know if u get higher off it then u would a joint..
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:39 am
by PandaX_X
Pipe = Easier on your throat. I don't think that they make you any higher.
~PaNdA
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:54 am
by Gram
ok, and to use it, i just pack whatever amount i want in the bowl, light it and take the hit how? like a bong where i fill the little tube or like a joint?
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:47 am
by Weedguru Sensei
PandaX_X wrote:Pipe = Easier on your throat. I don't think that they make you any higher.
~PaNdA
Never, joints are so much easier on the throat then a regular pipe.
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:58 am
by Beldin
Whatever you say, Sensei, but that is not true in my experience. Pipes are much easier on the throat. Also, and there is no question at all about this, I get MUCH higher smoking out of a pipe than I do out of a joint.
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:22 am
by Gram
the throat bit doesnt bother me, IMO pain is all in the mind, i'm getting one for sure, but i'll guess i'll just have to see if i get higher or stay the same. thanks for answering
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:55 am
by Weedguru Sensei
I agree with your second statement, you do get much higher off the same amount when smoking a pipe as opposed to a joint.
I guess I'm just spoiled though, I smoke alot of joints/blunts, when Im not hitting the bong, and personally prefer them over a pipe.
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:25 am
by Beldin
I used to smoke a lot of joints/blunts, but with the weed I buy now its so good that joints are a major waste.
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:29 am
by Weedguru Sensei
Maybe I went to far saying I smoked ALOT. I only do when Im out of the house, and 80% of the time, Im smoking at home, with friends or whatever, we just hit up the bong.
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:33 pm
by Caro
Pipes get you higher on the same amount of weed, because you don't lose so much smoke in between tokes. At least that's my theory, and it makes sense to me!

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:23 pm
by Gram
ok cool, thing is i was sposed to get my pipe yesterday, plans changed so i'm going on saturday...and damn do i need it, my mom is home now (day off) and i was going to smoke today, now i gotta spend my time in the bathroom rolling a spliff...i don't even have a pipe and i ca te ll they aytre way better.
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:38 pm
by El_Bristow
a pipe did me a world of good, as you only need put enough in the bowl that you can take down in one big hit, not only are you not wasting your shit, but you can make sure you blow it all out the window to stop the place from smelling if the home owner doesnt want you smoking in the house...

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:22 am
by Esto
pipes get me much higher
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:37 pm
by weedguru tom
PandaX_X wrote:Pipe = Easier on your throat. I don't think that they make you any higher.
~PaNdA
in ym experiance pipes are very harsh, maybe cuz ive not bought a too exspnsive ones like £5 - £10 each, the heat from the lighters goes strait thru and burns your thoat. and i can keep a joint toke down longer then a pipe so it will make up for the 'loss' as everyone keeps saying
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
by Beldin
I've tried a few pipes that were pretty bad on the throat, not the least notorious of which being the infamous "Pussy Pipe" my dealer has (woman bending over on all fours, the bowl is atop her head and you, for lack of a better way of putting it, suck her ass).
Try getting a pipe with a bigger chamber in it, something that gives it an extra half second before it goes to your lungs.
By the way, holding it in longer doesn't make up for it. Most of the THC in weed is absorbed within the first few seconds - holding it past about ten seconds doesn't make a noticable difference in the high you get.