Page 1 of 1
least time youve held a job
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:04 pm
by weedguru_animal
I started work as a traffic warden last year. well, I started my first day of training, then left at lunchtime. I decided it wasnt for me. So that was about 3 hours. I just wondering if neone else got a record for 'least time spent i the same job'....
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:30 pm
by Weedguru Cusmar
I did a door 2 door sales job payed on commision. I was weary when i started. But the boss man told us (me n my mate) that we get £25 per form we get someone to fill in on their doorstep, quite a hard task but just one an hour and i'd be sorted. On the first day we found out he'd bent the truth and we only get money if the people who filled in the form agree to have their house surveyed by the company. Whilst he was explaining this I looked at my mate with the exact same face he was looking at me with, the look of being severely pissed off. I stood up threw this clipboard thing they gave us on the floor and said to every poor desperate jobless soul that was their "cant you see this is just a scam?". The boss looked at me and my mate like we were propper crazy rude fuckers, and carried on persuading the idiots that they were gonna be rich in a few weeks. That man is despicable if im ever in that part of town again im gonna see if thats still goign on and make a habbit of enlightening the poor people that get suckered in.
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:02 pm
by Dr. Greenthumb
i had a job as a security guard. my job was to handle parking violations and i would drive around in a golf cart. i left after my first day of training so about 4 or 5 hours.
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:14 am
by SmokyMcPot420
Weedguru DrGreenthumb wrote:i had a job as a security guard. my job was to handle parking violations and i would drive around in a golf cart. i left after my first day of training so about 4 or 5 hours.
lol whyed you leave that job? that sounds like a really fun, not hard job!
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:17 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
"once you make peace with authority, you become authority"
i really didnt want to be a rent a cop and they didnt pay me enough to wear the uniform.
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:53 am
by blade44
im a security guard right now, there is nothing wrong with it. I love autority and telling punks what to do. I also get along with alot of the kids i meet and hook up deals and vice versa. Im one of those shady security guards. I do mall work, construction sites and clubs. I love it its great.
As far as the shortest job i once worked at a gas station on the console thing, i left after about 1 hour...
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:08 pm
by Dr. Greenthumb
i did it at a college and my boss was an ex cop everytime we would speak i felt as if i was being interrogated. i could see where the job has its pros but not enough for me. i was more of a meter maid than a security guard and it just didnt sit well with me.
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:25 pm
by Weedguru_Dusk
The job I'm at now is my first real job and I've had this since August of '04. So currently its the shorest and longest job I've held.
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:49 pm
by Grrrl
i lasted an hour on my first shift at burger king, realised how degraded i felt cleaning up grozz off the floor and promptly left. my dead end job is much better now

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:49 am
by Gorecore
Least amount of time I spent at a job was one week. It would have been less, but I was away from home with no car.
I worked for one week with a half-assed company that did half assed jobs installing internet/phone lines in businesses. My first day on the job, I'm told I'm going with some other guy I never met to work 300 kilometers from home. We stayed in a hotel the whole week, and we smoked up every night...but the work sucked. I don't like being away from my own bed/shower/food for that long either.
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:26 pm
by Skwerl_Butt
Weedguru_Dusk wrote:The job I'm at now is my first real job and I've had this since August of '04. So currently its the shorest and longest job I've held.
yeah me too.
except i started in late august '05.
Some may love it it..but being a supermarket cashier
in manhattan sucks for me...
i dont mind packing the bags (alot of bananas..lol) for the elderly..
but the fucking typical new yorkers who are always in a rush to
leave and never in a rush to stop talking.
I wanted to quit the first day i was there...
does that count?
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:37 am
by Rip721
ive never had a job... so that is my shortest and longest time of work....
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:50 am
by blade44
Rip721 wrote:ive never had a job... so that is my shortest and longest time of work....
you must either be 12 years old, a bum or a freeloader... which is it?

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:03 pm
by Darth Inhaler
I don't have a steady job, but once in a while i'll get a "job" which takes me maybe half an hour to finish