I used to grow last year and i used rockwool and had no problems for a few grows.
I've just started a grow and i thought i'd give cocoponics a go..I just noticed one of my plants
has a lightening green band on one of the lower leaves and the bottom set of leaves on most of
the plants have twisted quite bad!!!
I think i've overferted them as i've been given them weal nutes every feed once a day. i would like
your opinion please so i can nip this problem in the bud..otherwise these plants look very healthy.
Plants are 3 weeks old from germination under 400w hps which is about 1m above them.
they are in 6.5 litre pots and i'm using cana nutes given in a water with a ph 5.2-5.8.
The grow room is at between 74f lights on and 60f lights off with a humidity of around 50.
thanks for your time.
Any ideas please?
Advice needed please possibly plant problem.
Moderator: Moderators
-
dyna_rod
- Why Hello There !
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:06 pm
- Contact:
Advice needed please possibly plant problem.
- Attachments
-
- pt2.jpg (249.83 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
-
- pt.jpg (217.7 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
-
dyna_rod
- Why Hello There !
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:06 pm
- Contact:
Re: Advice needed please possibly plant problem.
Forgot to say the strain is magic bud.. these pics were taken just before the lights came on so they look alittle sleepy just ready to wake up.
-
Weedguru_RyaNayR
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1664
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:11 pm
- Location: The Sky
- Contact:
Re: Advice needed please possibly plant problem.
those leaves look really really shiny... not so sure that's a good thing... could be irrelevant though, but that may have something to do with watering and/or humidity levels... or nutes, i don't know but they're definitely quite abnormally shiny...
that lower pic, the big closeup, that one leaf looks like its got some blotching on it, i've never seen that before but i'd guess that it has something to do with nutes... or a toxin buildup of some sort, or possibly an infection...
Hopefully someone comes along that has seen this before and can help identify the problem.
Good Luck my friend!
that lower pic, the big closeup, that one leaf looks like its got some blotching on it, i've never seen that before but i'd guess that it has something to do with nutes... or a toxin buildup of some sort, or possibly an infection...
Hopefully someone comes along that has seen this before and can help identify the problem.
Good Luck my friend!
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Advice needed please possibly plant problem.
I've never seen markings on leaves quite like that...I really don't know what to say.
Mutated leaves can happen for various reasons..it's not always a 'bad' thing either. I got that when I took clones off a flowering plant and then revegged them. I got the weidest looking plant with twisted corkscrew like leaves and 1 finger leaves
But in your case that with the strange discoloration probably signifies a problem somewhere...
And yeah the leaves look waxy, but I forget why they do that..I have to look it up. But I'm too stoned this morning to concentrate and think so maybe I'll check back here later and try to help you more
Mutated leaves can happen for various reasons..it's not always a 'bad' thing either. I got that when I took clones off a flowering plant and then revegged them. I got the weidest looking plant with twisted corkscrew like leaves and 1 finger leaves
But in your case that with the strange discoloration probably signifies a problem somewhere...
And yeah the leaves look waxy, but I forget why they do that..I have to look it up. But I'm too stoned this morning to concentrate and think so maybe I'll check back here later and try to help you more

-
Weedguru_RyaNayR
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1664
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:11 pm
- Location: The Sky
- Contact:
Re: Advice needed please possibly plant problem.
they look possibly overwatered... make sure the roots are getting plenty of aeration. it could also be too dry, most likely the air is too dry or too hot, or you just need to water more but it doesn't look like that i dont think. ensure the lights aren't too close either.
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Advice needed please possibly plant problem.
Looks like there's mold growing on the top of your medium...

-
blackxs
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 648
- Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 pm
- Contact:
Re: Advice needed please possibly plant problem.
THISWeedguru Higher wrote:Looks like there's mold growing on the top of your medium...
Probably getting the roots too.
Also I am not sure you should be watering so often... and should probably dillute the nutes when they are so young
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma
-
Weedguru_RyaNayR
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1664
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:11 pm
- Location: The Sky
- Contact:
Re: Advice needed please possibly plant problem.
yeah, dilute the nutes and water less, and see if that's a good lead to go on.. you also might want to consider adding some H202 to raise oxygen levels in the medium and help kill any mold or other harmful anaerobic fungi/bacteria. You should mix about 1 tbsp of peroxide per gallon of water. you could feed it to them with their normal waterings, or just dilute some in a cup and pour in just a little so you don't over soak it.. it has to get through all the medium to be effective though.
It's been working great for me, i was having root suffocation problems with my hydro setup and it pretty much fixed the problem, just a tbsp every few days and its good.
It's been working great for me, i was having root suffocation problems with my hydro setup and it pretty much fixed the problem, just a tbsp every few days and its good.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users