Auckland Stoners?

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Nine_of_Hearts
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:59 am
Contact:

Auckland Stoners?

Post by Nine_of_Hearts »

G'day,

Just wondering if there where any members in the Auckland area, NZ, preferably on the North Shore interested in getting together with others from the forum for a sesh or two. I'm a bit of a newbie, and my source has dried up. Would love to meet anyone who is keen. :D


*hope like fuck cops don't read this* :lol:
pirate
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2369
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:37 am
Location: here
Contact:

Post by pirate »

man you guys are kicking are ars right now down in zimbabwe :twisted:

but whatever..the indian cricket team sucks major ass anyway...
www.adventuresindaytripping.blogspot.com


[img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6476/logohm6.jpg[/img]
Nine_of_Hearts
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:59 am
Contact:

Post by Nine_of_Hearts »

Cricket! Like fuck. Most boring game ever played.

I prefer to watch curling. :D
pirate
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2369
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:37 am
Location: here
Contact:

Post by pirate »

what the hell's curling?
www.adventuresindaytripping.blogspot.com


[img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6476/logohm6.jpg[/img]
Weedguru Cusmar
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Floating (Brighton, U.K.)
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Cusmar »

like bowls on ice with brooms


Image[/url]
[img]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5585/tokeuphh5.gif[/img]
pirate
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2369
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:37 am
Location: here
Contact:

Post by pirate »

this game was invented in NZ???
man they need to get out a bit more..dont you think... :)
www.adventuresindaytripping.blogspot.com


[img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6476/logohm6.jpg[/img]
Nine_of_Hearts
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:59 am
Contact:

Post by Nine_of_Hearts »

purple monkey wrote:what the hell's curling?
I'm glad you asked!

It's a winter sport, akin to lawn bowls. you're on an ice rink, with a target jack. You grab yourdelf a large chunk of concrete with a handle, and slide it towards the jack. Your team mates have brushes, with stiff bristle on one side, and squeegees on the other. The bristles rub the ice and melt it, to make it slippery, and the chunk 'o concrete moves faster. The squeegee moves the water to slow it down. the team who's chunk is closest wins. I think you get 4 goes...

[edit] I don't think it's new zealandish. European, I think...
flynn

Post by flynn »

did the all blacks beat south africa in the tri nations the other night? the aussies got knocked out so i didn't bother watching it.

welcome to the boards man
Shwoot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: P.E., Canada
Contact:

Post by Shwoot »

Curling is really cool. I hate playing it, cuz I find it damn near impossible. I love watching it on tv though, it's so intense, like right down to the half-an-inch.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]
blizzunt
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:25 am
Location: connecticut
Contact:

Post by blizzunt »

Shwoot wrote:Curling is really cool. I hate playing it, cuz I find it damn near impossible. I love watching it on tv though, it's so intense, like right down to the half-an-inch.
Seriously? Like to each his own I guess, but I find it so boring personally. Though I guess you could say that about baseball too.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/2dank/banks15hy.jpg[/img] < G-unot
wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Post by wgToonces »

From members in Auckland.... To Curling :shock: ...Stoners these days..JEEZ



:P just plaayin.
:scratchs:
Weedguru_Dusk
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:54 am
Location: 7th circle of hell
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Dusk »

blizzunt wrote:
Shwoot wrote:Curling is really cool. I hate playing it, cuz I find it damn near impossible. I love watching it on tv though, it's so intense, like right down to the half-an-inch.
Seriously? Like to each his own I guess, but I find it so boring personally. Though I guess you could say that about baseball too.
Ha that reminded me of a prof I had last semester who the first day of class tore apart baseball. He said it was a game but not a sport. He said its not a real sport if there's not much action and never has blood involved.

I've watched curling, more so that someone else was watching it and I didn't feel like moving rooms. I'm much more of a hockey person than anything when it comes to watching sports though.
"having a conversation with you is like walking through a Salvador Dali painting"
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
Nine_of_Hearts
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:59 am
Contact:

Post by Nine_of_Hearts »

weedguru flynn wrote:did the all blacks beat south africa in the tri nations the other night? the aussies got knocked out so i didn't bother watching it.

welcome to the boards man
Yeah, was close as fuck tho. I forget the score. I was only really watching it because it was on at the party I was at...
[img]http://nine.orcon.net.nz/9oh.gif[/img]
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Curling and golf have to be the two most boring sports man invented
Image
Nine_of_Hearts
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:59 am
Contact:

Post by Nine_of_Hearts »

No, that would have to be Cricket and Golf... :P
[img]http://nine.orcon.net.nz/9oh.gif[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users