Question about Visine

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
BlueBull
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:57 pm
Location: Belgium, undisclosed
Contact:

Question about Visine

Post by BlueBull »

Well I know about the visine trick to get rid of those nasty red eyes (I've used it too) but now a friend told me that when you use this alot, you can get eye problems and eventually go blind. Because it contracts the blood vessels in your eyes and that's not very good for the ol' marbles...
canadianbud
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2157
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by canadianbud »

Well it's obviously a lie, or else visine wouldn't be sold at all, let alone completely non-prescription.
User avatar
BlueBull
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:57 pm
Location: Belgium, undisclosed
Contact:

Post by BlueBull »

Yeah, but what I thought about was: maybe it's only ment to be used like once every year, only during a period of illness, not every time you're stoned, oh well maybe it's all a hoax anyways, anyone who knows for sure up in this place?
BUDA
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3849
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:33 pm

Post by BUDA »

Ive heard before theres something bad about using it but alass stoner memory i can't remember :lol:
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

the best visine is advanced relief because it moisturizes and takes away redness...but if you use it constantly it will stop working as well or make your eyes more red

you just gotta not use it so much
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
Big Daddy
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2737
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Big Daddy »

I can not remember the last time I used Visine. I used it alot "back in the day" but now I could care less if people know im stoned. Besides, all visine does is get the red out, it doesnt keep my eyes from drooping.
Get Funky Wit Yo Bad Self
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/blazefan04/st1.gif[/img]
Juicy J
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:51 am
Location: Smoke dat weed
Contact:

Post by Juicy J »

Big Daddy wrote:I can not remember the last time I used Visine. I used it alot "back in the day" but now I could care less if people know im stoned. Besides, all visine does is get the red out, it doesnt keep my eyes from drooping.
Yeah haha, dont help the chinese look

I've never used visine in my entire life.

But like Canadianbud said, I'm sure they wouldnt even sell it if that was the case..
We smile wit dem gold teeth, I'm walkin wit a limp, smokin on a newport bumpin like a pimp.

[img]http://www.floridapl8s.com/collection/vanity/juicyj.jpg[/img]
WidespreadDead
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2397
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:03 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Post by WidespreadDead »

yeah thats bullshit all it does is moisterize your eyes
see nick dance
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:46 am
Location: Santa Fe, NM, USA
Contact:

Post by see nick dance »

i use visine from time to time to help with the red-eyes around parents and co-workers and stuff. the bottle says you can use it up to 4 times a day. I use it maybe once a week. I'm pretty sure its not a problem.
[img]http://www.maryjanesgarden.com/images/NorthernLights.jpg[/img]
tweedle

Post by tweedle »

I prefer to go el natural
ErinElizabeth
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:16 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Post by ErinElizabeth »

The bad thing about Visene is that if you use it habitually, your eye stops producing natural moisture so much. Essentially, what could happen is that you START getting dry eyes when you're not smoking.
WidespreadDead
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2397
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:03 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Post by WidespreadDead »

thats why i only use it when i blaze before or during school
User avatar
FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Deep South FL
Contact:

Post by FIRE!!! »

Me too, which for me is everyday. Why don't they put this shit on the fuckin bottle? That really grinds my gears.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"You know what really grinds my gears? Them stupid little visine bottles they got at the supermarket. You know, you know, I'm out here smokin my reefer, and I come in and I just want somethin so's I can go to work and not get fired, and I come in to buy the thing, and Ben Stein's ova there sellin these things, and they look like little triangles...triangles of hate. And then I put it in, and then I find out that if you use it frequently enough, your eyes will dry out! I need wet eyes, people!

You know what else really grinds my gears? Getting drunk and waking up with your pants down sitting next to a homeless guy on a park bench. Diane?"
[img]http://music.clevver.com/MusicPics/4859.jpg[/img]
Big Daddy
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2737
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Big Daddy »

^^^^^^CelticOne have you been watching the Family Guy Movie :lol: :lol:
Get Funky Wit Yo Bad Self
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/blazefan04/st1.gif[/img]
Funk Doctor
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 pm
Location: Above the clouds

Post by Funk Doctor »

Blue, get something called Minaves or something like that, one drop in each eye clears redeye instantly.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users