best way to go on a break from weed
Moderator: Moderators
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
best way to go on a break from weed
im at the stage of quitting bud for a bit, usually its easy, but for some reason this time i feel as though its gonna be alot harder. ive always found that finding a new hobby can replace the void. replacing a drug with another or alcohol is never the way to go, before you know it your back to square one, so what do you guys do to take your mind off the problem?
-
Baybee
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2082
- Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:36 am
- Location: Kamlooos, BC
- Contact:
Is it a social thing for you? If so, you could just take a break from your friends.. It's really hard to say, every person if different. And I've never found it hard to 'get off the pot' But then again, I always come back.
You know you best, you should be asking this question to you! This is a hard question, ya know? I don't know you as well as you know yours self
You know you best, you should be asking this question to you! This is a hard question, ya know? I don't know you as well as you know yours self
[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k287/GoCanucksGo_2007/canucks_logo.gif[/img]
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
quitting is hard if thats the main focus in your life right now. all i can give is how i would deal with the problem but like baybee said you know you best. i dont know if this has effected your success in any way but if it has the first thing you can do when you stop is straighten out your day to day routine.
as for entertaining yourself i suggest planning things to do...any hobbies you might have, things you've wanted to do but havent had the chance, or anything else you can do to entertain yourself. the reason i say entertainment is so important is because you when your bored that's when your going to want to smoke the most.
the rest is just will power and if you cant stop in your own you might want to try MA or NA meetings. even if you dont want to quit forever they can give you alot of tools to deal with the urges to smoke and also lets you hear some experiences of people who have let weed/drugs takeover their lives. its a good thing for keeping you in check and taking your mind off of smoking.
well to each his own and i hope your able to accomplish whatever goal you have set in your mind. the suggestions i gave you are based on my own experiences with drugs, recovery, and sobriety.
as for entertaining yourself i suggest planning things to do...any hobbies you might have, things you've wanted to do but havent had the chance, or anything else you can do to entertain yourself. the reason i say entertainment is so important is because you when your bored that's when your going to want to smoke the most.
the rest is just will power and if you cant stop in your own you might want to try MA or NA meetings. even if you dont want to quit forever they can give you alot of tools to deal with the urges to smoke and also lets you hear some experiences of people who have let weed/drugs takeover their lives. its a good thing for keeping you in check and taking your mind off of smoking.
well to each his own and i hope your able to accomplish whatever goal you have set in your mind. the suggestions i gave you are based on my own experiences with drugs, recovery, and sobriety.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
-
hashpipe
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1071
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:42 pm
- Location: baggie
- Contact:
i'm on a little 3 week stop myself, takes my tolerance way down. it helps me a lot to keep myself busy, and making sure i get nice and tired and dont drnik any coffee cause i wont even get a minute of sleep then.
i hate working out, so relaxing with friends/girlfriend, and having a drink or a few, as long it doesnt get out of control, is a good idea if you cant get any sleep.
first 2/3 days are the hardest, i can keep my hands of the herb for the remaining days cause i know i could smoke anytime i want, but it'll feel better if i wont. just keep your mind on not smoking instead of not thinking about smoking. around smoking people and places with alot of weed it gets really hard, good idea to not go there when you're just starting a stop.
i hate working out, so relaxing with friends/girlfriend, and having a drink or a few, as long it doesnt get out of control, is a good idea if you cant get any sleep.
first 2/3 days are the hardest, i can keep my hands of the herb for the remaining days cause i know i could smoke anytime i want, but it'll feel better if i wont. just keep your mind on not smoking instead of not thinking about smoking. around smoking people and places with alot of weed it gets really hard, good idea to not go there when you're just starting a stop.
-
canadianbud
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2157
- Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:52 pm
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Contact:
Mind over matter man, its all in your head. Its the same as starting to work out, or stopping eating certain things, its all about willpower.
[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1552/img0969am8.jpg[/img]
"My memories will always be lots of beauty and warmth from grass. Well, that was my life and I don't feel ashamed at all. Mary Jane, honey, you sure was good ..." ~ Louis Armstrong
"My memories will always be lots of beauty and warmth from grass. Well, that was my life and I don't feel ashamed at all. Mary Jane, honey, you sure was good ..." ~ Louis Armstrong
-
Darth Inhaler
- Bonghead

- Posts: 454
- Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:58 am
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
It's alot easier for me.
As long as I don't have any weed in my house, I'm good.
I can go months without pot if there's none around me.
As long as I don't have any weed in my house, I'm good.
I can go months without pot if there's none around me.
I think drugs have done some good things for us, and if you don't believe me, do me a favor. Go home tonight and burn all your albums, tapes, and cd's. Because the musicians who made all that great music...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs.
-
canadianbud
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2157
- Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:52 pm
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Contact:
Same with me, if i dont have it on me when im tryin to quit, its easy as can be, put some in my drawer however and i wont last long, thats why everytime i decide to quit, i either give it to a friend and say 'you can smoke half but hold on to the other half' and smoke it when i return to bud-smoking ways, or i smoke it all, or sell it.
[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1552/img0969am8.jpg[/img]
"My memories will always be lots of beauty and warmth from grass. Well, that was my life and I don't feel ashamed at all. Mary Jane, honey, you sure was good ..." ~ Louis Armstrong
"My memories will always be lots of beauty and warmth from grass. Well, that was my life and I don't feel ashamed at all. Mary Jane, honey, you sure was good ..." ~ Louis Armstrong
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
Once you get in the 20's you start to get the feeling to do it again, but nothing too overwhelming. you're going to start to notice that you are alot more focused when it comes to small things and you dont forget things as often.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
- Black Stan
- Casual toker

- Posts: 54
- Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:58 pm
- Location: T-Dot,-O ;Up North
- Contact:
Really- I should have already quit, but all im doin is avoiding the inevitable. I have a medical check-up for when they gimme sleeping Gas for my wisdom teeth. They're supposedly impacted so it's gonna hurt as a mutha-fucker; but i'm hoping the pain-killers will help wit that+=
. A break from weed would do me allot of good. It'd give me a chance to get into shape,my grades would go up for sure. But Damn... quitting completely is gonna Be hard, especially if i'm still gonna chop, which I think i might do, Just a lil more cash in my pocket
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
- pakabowlat420
- Casual toker

- Posts: 14
- Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:01 am
- Location: G-Tomn
- Contact:
-
Muskoka High
- Why Hello There !
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:36 am
- Location: Toronto
- Contact:
So my first post here will be advice to a brother who wants to stop seeing Mary. Wow.weedguru tom wrote:i think ima quit for another 21 months, my course finnishes then, then i have the rest of my life to do whati want, i only get one shot at my education now. im not throwin` it away. but will have the odd one in the holidays haha bonus
Try this... Why is it you really want to stop? Write these reasons down on a piece of paper and place it in your wallet. Every time you want a puff take that piece of paper out and if your reasons are good enough then you should be able to say no.
Good luck mate.
I'm not going to hijack this thread so I will properly introducte myself in another thread.
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
-
farmacyst
- Casual toker

- Posts: 52
- Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:58 pm
- Location: London, England
- Contact:
I've never really found it hard to take a break from smoking. I only do it to reduce my tolerance to the drug so that when i do get bak on it i dont have to skin up more than one spliff to get high.
Personally I dont use specific techniques to stop i just stop. When friends send it in my direction I'm like "nah, im cool"....simple rele. And I just dont buy any weed when I'm on my own. I dont specifically do things to "fill the void" because weed is usually fitted around everything else.
There are times when I'm just bored and otherwise I wud smoke a zoot but then wen you havent got any u cant smoke, even if u did then you'd just have to learn to save for a rainy day, thats what I do.
Personally I dont use specific techniques to stop i just stop. When friends send it in my direction I'm like "nah, im cool"....simple rele. And I just dont buy any weed when I'm on my own. I dont specifically do things to "fill the void" because weed is usually fitted around everything else.
There are times when I'm just bored and otherwise I wud smoke a zoot but then wen you havent got any u cant smoke, even if u did then you'd just have to learn to save for a rainy day, thats what I do.
"Viva La Revolucion" - Che Guevara
"The World Is Yours" - Scarface
"The World Is Yours" - Scarface
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users