Beginner Grower

The place to seek help for sick plants, and general growth related topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
rosemadderinsomnia
Why Hello There !
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 10:26 pm
Contact:

Beginner Grower

Post by rosemadderinsomnia »

I've got 2 plants growing and they seem to be doing just fine, I have only had them growing for about a month. About how long does it take to fully grow and can I determine that by looking at the plant? Please help
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

I take it you are talking about indoor growing. When you are growing indoors, you yourself can determine how long to grow the plant before you bud it. The bigger and bushier you want it, the longer it should grow. How many watt lights are you growing them under, and on what cycle?
Image
rosemadderinsomnia
Why Hello There !
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 10:26 pm
Contact:

Post by rosemadderinsomnia »

Yes I am growing them indoors. I'm just using some regular 60 watt light bulbs. I've been giving them 12 hours of light everyday. I don't know if I should give them more or less.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Okaaay....I've never started plants off on a 12-12 cycle.

The ideal vegetative cycle requires a MINIMUM of 16-18 hours of light, and 6 - 8 hours of darkness daily. You can keep your plant in the vegetative state indefinately, like if you want a mother plant.

It's best too leave the lights on 24/24 during the first 2 months, but you can do the 18 hour thing too.

The bud cycle is typically equal hours of light and dark . 12 hours on and 12 hours off. This produces a change in the plants metabolism , simulating Fall, shorter days...less light.

Then depending on the strain you have , full budding can take up to like 10 weeks.

But the fact that you did the opposite, and started them off on a 12/12 cycle worries me. I'm not sure if your plant will bud at all. Never seen or heard of this happening before. Maybe someone else knows?

And you can't like change your lighting cycle half way through. You will definately screw up the plant.

And a few 60 watt bulbs isn't very much light.......I don't want to discourage you but, overall the chances of your plant doing well are pretty slim. If thats so, don't worry , try again. Nobody hardly ever grows the first time!! Bu hey , you never know.....
Image
jane.
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 2:06 am
Location: ontario, canada
Contact:

Post by jane. »

if your hydro bill is huge they tell the cops and yeah... so be careful.
blazing out of hell
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

You should start worrying about electricity bills when you're growing under 1500 watts and more. Ordinary 60 watt bulbs, or low wattage fluourscent don't make enough differnce. I've ran 1400 watts and had it cost me $25 extra a month. That's not enough to perkup anyones ears.
Image
User avatar
mockingbird
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:04 pm
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by mockingbird »

Im using this one really cool lamp that simulates the sun I just took off the UV glass filter and I keep it on a 18 hour light scedual
How would life be if the world smoked weed
Guaranteed there'd be peace not greed
See, it's hell, living in a cell
Legalize the plant only time will tell
-Kottonmouth Kings
Kegan
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:03 pm
Contact:

Post by Kegan »

i dunno exactly how to do it but you can look it up once u get the general idea. what you can do if you have high powered lights is this:
when the electircity comes up out of the ground then goes thru your meter into the house, what u do is splice the wire before it gets to you meter and run the lights from that. they won't show up on your power bill then. but i heard cops can use uv sensors on houses and if they see a big hotspot in your basement then they might search it. also don't egt electricuted. hope that all made atleast a tiny bit on sense.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

That is not something kids should try at home..............You need an someone who's been trained in the electrical department. People do get it for huge installations, not just 2 or 3 plants. And its a little more complicated than just splicing a wire.....
Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users