what is that carb for & how do I smoke out of a glass pi

Bongs, pipes, fuckbukets, lungs, vaporizers, grinders etc....

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
coongrl
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:58 pm
Contact:

what is that carb for & how do I smoke out of a glass pi

Post by coongrl »

Hi all. I'm new to glass pipes, and in general a plain and out newbie. I smoked a bit a long time ago, but mostly joints. They're too harsh on my lungs now (& I don't enjoy burnt fingers, nor am I a good roller)... so I'm back to smoking now (with glass pipe) for help with daily migraines (no doc can help & next step is methadone... yipee, not.)

Anyhow, how does one smoke a glass pipe with a carb properly? And what the heck is that carb hole there for anyhow?

Also, how do you keep the pipe lit without having to light it every time you take a hit?

Thanks all. I've searched the web for newbie/stupid people like me/help sites, and can't find a thing. :oops: I'd appreciate any help!

Coongrl
Fanya
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:23 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Fanya »

You cover the carb with your thumb while you are lighting the weed and inhaling. After you're done torching the herb, uncover the carb. This will have fresh air rush in and clear the piece of any lingering smoke. Also, by taking in more air after you've already inhaled the smoke, it makes sure that all the THC gets to your lungs (instead of sitting in your mouth/throat).
coongrl
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:58 pm
Contact:

Post by coongrl »

Thanks! This makes sense. So cover carb, light (while inhaling); just before done inhaling uncover carb & inhale rest of air in pipe (& fresh air).... right?

The above was all done successfully a tad bit ago.

But I have another problem.... I was told to light the bowl with the lighter upside down. I just burnt the ****** out of my lighter thumb. Hurts like crazy to even type. Is there any trick to lighting with lighter upside down? HELP!!!!! My thumb is turning more red by the minute (not kidding.... ouch!).

Thanks!
Genius
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 10:10 pm
Contact:

Post by Genius »

Avoid wind.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/redeyedol/Signature%20pic/final.jpg[/img]
coongrl
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:58 pm
Contact:

Post by coongrl »

Hee hee.... It was windy today!! Wind blew the flame right into my thumb! Then I'm so intelligent that I did it 3 more times. My thumb is a mess! Try practicing guitar with a burnt pick thumb. Ugghh...
Fanya
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:23 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Fanya »

Instead of upside down, sort of tilt the lighter to the side and slide your thumb to the edge of the plastic button to avoid the flame.
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

Post by AbbyRoad »

let me get tis straight a carb... is the shotgun? theres so many different lingos...
Image
Weedguru Cusmar
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Floating (Brighton, U.K.)
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Cusmar »

a rush hole.
[img]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5585/tokeuphh5.gif[/img]
coongrl
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:58 pm
Contact:

Post by coongrl »

Thank you! Lighter worked MUCH better with thumb to side. I also found this lighter with a cap on it that when it lights, the cap sort of blocks the flame. Thumb is happier now (even though it looks gross today).

Now onto figuring out how to make cannabutter. Why so many different ways to do that? I'll have to do some searching in the threads I guess to do more research, but it doesn't seem easy to make.

Thanks again! :D
Psyclone
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:51 am
Location: NY
Contact:

Post by Psyclone »

The best way to make cannabutter is get a pot of boiling water. Dump a stick of unsalted better into it. When the better is creamy, dump about an ounce into it....stir for an hour. Then put it in the fridge and let it cool for 24 hours. when its done, you can scrape the cannabutter from the sides.
coongrl
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:58 pm
Contact:

Post by coongrl »

This is one method I haven't read yet. Every other method involves straining, etc. I don't even know what a cheese cloth is; I don't know what kind of strainer to use.

So with your method, the cannabutter goes to the outside of the jar? I'm assuming you can tell it's cannabutter by the color? Any idea why it migrates to the outside of the jar?

Why unsalted butter?

I'd like to figure this out 'cause I need to have weed for constant migraine (as well as other diseases... I'm a mess), and it's just not feasible to smoke when not at home. No one would notice anything if I ate a cookie, or whatever. But geezz... so many methods of making cannabutter... my eyes are crossed! :lol:

Thanks!
coongrl
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:58 pm
Contact:

Post by coongrl »

Sorry for the double post..... I forgot to ask how much water you boil?

thanks again!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot]