Page 1 of 1

Beer Bottle Bong?

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:47 am
by Faded.Fortune
Hi I'm new here and I was looking around and using the search but i couldnt seem to find anything on making a bong out of a beer bottle. My friends and I have been trying to find a way to do it but it seems there is no way to drill a hole without the glass cracking and the bottle being useless. Other than using high class drilling tools and stuff, is there any other way? I was thinking getting a torch and heating the glass and then tearing a whole and sticking the stem into that and have it cool and harden? If anyone has ever done, or knows someone who has done this before, information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:08 am
by Ziggy
thats the problem and probably why you havnt found a topic like that on here before. making a bong out of a glass container of somesort is always difficult unless u have the right tools.

However if u can find a headshop somewhere they usually have bongs made out of beer bottles in stock. they even have the labels on them too like corona or some sort.

Not sure how you would make one on your own though. if u do find out be sure to post it here.

welcome to wg by the way. keep on posting

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:26 am
by blazedsubaru
You could do it. They make drill bits for drilling glass without cracking it. Then you need to find a nice o-ring and a good bowl peice of the same caliber, then another o-ring for underneath the bowl peice for a nice seal. Should smoke nicely.

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:28 am
by Faded.Fortune
Ill be sure to keep on looking, im pretty determined to do this too, more so then my buddies. Ill atempt to try the torch thing and melt it as soon as i can, and thank you for the welcome :)

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:49 am
by m3tal
I think it would work if you got a welding torch. That would be a nice no hassle fit too. When its red hot just slide it in and itll harden! You would have to get the glass out of the center of the downpipe thou.

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:59 am
by Ziggy
I think im kind of like you Faded Fortune. I love making bongs. Getting together a bunch of items just lying around and making a working bong. but lately i havnt been up to it so much, FUCKING SCHOOL WORK!

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:00 am
by blazedsubaru
I haven't made a good bong in a while.
Last one was a water bottle, a pen, and a bowl made of tin foil. Pretty ghetto, but got us fucked.

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:56 pm
by m3tal
I made one saturday. Old water bottle, metal pen for downstem, and a sprocket for the bowl. With filtered extremely cold ice water. I loved it.. Took such big hits!

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:08 pm
by Faded.Fortune
Ziggy wrote:I think im kind of like you Faded Fortune. I love making bongs. Getting together a bunch of items just lying around and making a working bong. but lately i havnt been up to it so much, FUCKING SCHOOL WORK!

I know eh? Its so much fun just making bongs out of ordinary stuff then saying after, I made a bong out of this. The whole idea of using a beer bottle as a bong started off as an idea how to top the grade 11's (im in grade 10) and their heinze ketchup bottle bong, and we were talkin and I was drinking a beer and I just said a beer bottle. Do you guys think a beer bottle is better then a ketchup bottle?

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:51 pm
by Dakine
blazedsubaru wrote:I haven't made a good bong in a while.
Last one was a water bottle, a pen, and a bowl made of tin foil. Pretty ghetto, but got us fucked.
Haha, my last home made creation was a fosters can with a tin foil bowl on the top, and a turbo in the bottom. it was pretty smooth.

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:12 am
by Ziggy
Faded.Fortune wrote: Do you guys think a beer bottle is better then a ketchup bottle?
Hell yea. Its way harder to make and its made of glass. Glass always trumps plastic. HANDS DOWN !

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:39 pm
by godzilla
if you have a dremel tool, there should be a few bits that are for cutting things like glass, it works well. i made a bong out of a bacardi bottle, and thats what i used... worked like a charm, plus its now my favorite thing to smoke from