---> Will you let ur children smoke weed?

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply

Would you let your children smoke weed?

YES
103
79%
NO
28
21%
 
Total votes: 131

C Feazy
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:58 pm
Contact:

---> Will you let ur children smoke weed?

Post by C Feazy »

This is a serious question here: will you let ur children smoke weed?

I've got 2 thorts about it, my first: -

i would let them coz marijuana is the one of the best naturally occurin substances, it causes no where near as many direct deaths as alcohol and cigerettes. and for u religious ppl out ther, if its so bad y did God create in the first place.

my second thort is: -

im not sure if u would coz im not a parent so i cant really cast my opinion aswell as a parent, it'll b a while until im a parent seen as though im only 16.

and a another question: would a Dad b more bothered about their children smokin weed more then the Mum, and vica versa.

i wonder what my Mum and Dad would say if they found out. my brother smokes it and both my parents know about it. my parents used 2 b hippy types so i reckon they smoked it at one point (not meanin 2 b stereotypical ther). and my Dad smokes it, hes got a stash behind the curtain in the kitchen, thers 2 little stone pipes and pack of rizla. thers some stems aswell. i'd like 2 tell him but i wanna know wot his response wud b first though, some advice plz! :(
User avatar
Mocktar21
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:03 am
Contact:

Post by Mocktar21 »

nope I wouldnt because I am a total hypocrit sometimes
I dont discriminate I hate everyone
I want my own avatar damn it
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Well, seeing as I already have two kids, this has been a question I have already pondered over. I think that if my kids decide to smoke, I won't punish them for doing so, though I won't encourage them either. I'd prefer to know whats happening in my kids life, rather than them doing stuff behind my back because they're scared of the consequences. Would prefer them smoking in the shed in the backyard, then have them out strolling downtown getting into trouble. But I wouldn't supply them with weed or anything.
Image
C Feazy
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:58 pm
Contact:

Post by C Feazy »

how old r ur kids?

how many ppl out ther know that their parents know about and/or bothered
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

My son is 2 1/2 and my daughter is 4 1/2
Image
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

Although I don't plan on having kids for another 8-10 years, hopefully after I'm a powerful, affluent attorney, I'm inclined to say no, I won't allow my kids to smoke. I was brought up tokin' with my 'rents, and in hindsight I think it was irresponsible of them. Sure when I was in highschool I thought it was great cuz I always got weed for my stepdad and I was the only stoner kid at my school who consistently had their own sack everyday, and I wasn't havin to put up my lunch money to buy shiesty 20 sacks from the gangsters, and I could always smoke in my room or in the living room and have friends over, and I could be high whenever I wanted, I thought it was great. And I still think smokin' as often as you please is great, I just don't think it's a good idea to encourage frequent intoxication for children who are still developing cognitively and emotionally. Now, my mom doesn't even smoke pot anymore but I can still toke up in her bathroom and have good conversation with her, and I appreciate that dimension of our relationship a lot! But I feel like she did me a disservice by allowing, even encouraging (by participation) in my daily pot and cigarette smoking from the age of barely fourteen. Especially the cigarettes, since I smoked them for four long years and had bronchitis and walking pneumonia every winter, and quitting them three years ago was *the hardest fucking thing* I've ever done in my life (thanks Mom!), while smoking pot hasn't really hurt me, except that I have to smoke every day and can't really go to sleep if I'm not stoned, but I live.
Wow that was too long but I have an opinion: I feel that parents should be more responsible than mine were and let kids make the decision about what level of intoxication they want to live their lives in when they are fully mature. Does anyone agree?
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

Also, my real dad smokes but has NEVER condoned it or smoked with me, and once as a teenager I got high around him and he just ripped on me ("you can't even put a sentence together" etc) and it was just a total buzzkill, I never wanted to get high around him again, and I still don't, even though I know he smokes. It's weird but I do have more respect for him.
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
baker
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:54 pm
Location: az, usa
Contact:

Post by baker »

i fully agree with you man. my mom's completely against smoking, i mean, she found out i smoke once and sent me to intense treatment and told them i was some adict or something. thats too extreme. somwhere in the middle of your upbringing and mine is the right way, but i guess nobody's perfect. getting you to smoke cigarettes...thats harsh.. not sure i would condone that but anways
C Feazy
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:58 pm
Contact:

Post by C Feazy »

i never thort about a childs anatomy still changin whislt ther younger. so i probably wudn't let my children smoke weed, and i'd punish them if they wer 2 young, but if they started around the time i did i wudn't say anything.

nik
User avatar
token_pyr0
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:40 am
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Post by token_pyr0 »

Hmm...well being only 16, i really can't give an opinion. But, I wouldn't give them drugs, then again i wouldn't take them away either. I guess, i'd just let life go its way, and make sure they just stick to weed, and maybe shrooms, but if its past that, there fucked =].
http://www.outpimp.com/?x=140222
CHECK IT! :D
User avatar
pothead_jaime
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:03 pm
Location: near calgary, alberta, canada
Contact:

Post by pothead_jaime »

i dont think you can really tell your kids what to do... i mean theres no knowing whether they will listen... i think when i have kids... when they are like 11... i will get them educated on it... im not gona ban them from doing it... but i will try to make sure they dont abuse it... i mean i cant go with them everywhere .... and its not like i have the right to tell them not too... but im definitly gona raise them saying its a bad thing to do... and if they do it or not is there choice..
[color=red:a6ead98a61]Exª¢T[/color:a6ead98a61]-[color=yellow:a6ead98a61]A[/color:a6ead98a61]-[color=blue:a6ead98a61]MunÐo[/color:a6ead98a61]
Midnight Toker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:55 pm
Location: England

Post by Midnight Toker »

If my kids smoke it, it's up to them. I just wanna make sure they know everything about it once i find out. If i find them doing other shit (pills etc) i would go off the head though. It doesn't matter that i do it or that it makes me a hypocrite. At the end of the day i know the risks and I'm willing to take them, but if i ever caught my kids doing that shit i'd go fucking mental. At the end of the day they're your flesh and blood and I don't wanna see them fuck up. Smoking weed is fine in my book, it's virtually no danger on it's own. I would in no way encourage them, but i would rather they were in my house doing it than toking bongs in the woods all day like i do.

But meh, i'm only 15 why am i worrying about this now?
[img]http://img155.exs.cx/img155/7595/tillijk2ss.png[/img]

''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best
herbal stu
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
Location: Wigan, England
Contact:

Post by herbal stu »

I wouldnt punish my kids for smokin, nor would I not allow it etc Altho I'd sure as hell tell em to stay away from fags or booze. And I would let them have my weed as the stuff I grow would probably be better for em than the sh*t they mite get from some shady dealer ya know. My Mum and Dad would freak if I told them. I think many parents who dont want their kids doin stuff should make sure they never let them know the do or used to cos when they get to about 15+ they get smart enough to understand that punishin them for doin somethin your parents did/do is hypocritical and even if ya 'rents tell ya not to do somethin if they did it and are still around it can be judged by the child too be not that harmful to them and will make em wanna experiment with it more. And as Higher and MT point out I'd rather have them in a weed friendly environment like their own home than out on the streets etc where its lawfully unacceptable and where they can be arrested and sh*t.

May say more but for now nuf sed me thinks :P
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
Funk Doctor
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 pm
Location: Above the clouds

Post by Funk Doctor »

I'd probably tell them it's better not to do it, but if they insist, I'm not going to forbid them.
User avatar
-[420]-CuRIoUsmE
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat May 10, 2003 2:55 am
Location: NM, Usa
Contact:

Post by -[420]-CuRIoUsmE »

if i have kids i'm gonna raise them up so that they will stay away from drugs, but if they do em' , i'm not gonna be a hypocrit and get mad at them
"FuCk YoUR MoM and YoUr DoG"
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot]