little brother advice
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:01 am
I hope nobody thinks I'm a evil person even though I probably am ok here it goes I'm the older brother and my little brother is 10 years old. Ok my little brother comes to me and asks me questions such as do I drink, have I ever been in a fight, do I do drugs, do I drink alcohol, have I ever had sex etc. and it doesn't help that his friends have similar older siblings how do drugs or are in gangs. So one day my brother asks me about porn do I have any have, I ever seen it, whats it like, can I show him some, Because one of his friends saw it because of his older brother. My answer was no, he walked away with a look of some what disappointed face, so I wonder if maybe I should show him some better by me then by some friends older brother right. Well I didn't show him but a couple days later he asks about sex how do you do it? what does "dick" mean? What does it mean to say "suck my dick" again because one of his friends heard his older brother say it. So again I thought should I tell him, If I tell him maybe he will look up to me, I can be the super cool older brother that he can show to his friends at school. So I told him and the next day after school he told me he unleashed a whole you meaning to words and meanings to his friends, and everyone thought I was the coolest older brother, my brother looked happy and almost proud of me, endless to say I felt good about my self.
By now I'm telling my brother everything I know abut sex drugs,alcohol you name it he knew it. So one day he asks my if I have any beer because his friend tried beer the other day thanks to their older brother, maybe I felt like I was in competition with this same friends older brother so I told my brother that I had a stashed bottle of vodka which was way stronger then the beer his friend had, would he like to try some, well he instantly agreed so that night he tried his first mini shot of vodka. He goes to school the next day bragging to his friend, and I felt this big feeling of guilt look what my sweet little brother is turning into a mini gangster, he knows more about me then I did at his age, And yet when I was his age I would want to be just like him with the cool older brother.
Which brings me to today, my brother has lately been asking about drugs, weed in particular because of 420 and the help of a friends older brother. And seeing as how I'm a member here at weed guru I do indeed smoke the dope. Well I hesitated to tell him because of my guilt trips, I eventually did tell him about weed I even told him that one of my friends that visits my house smokes weed and that he told me to hang on to his pipe and stash, I showed him my "friends" pipe and stash felling proud of myself. Well now he is asking me if I can let him try weed. In a way I want to so I can be the cool older brother, but I really exposing my little brother to weed at such a young age, I've already made the mistake of letting him try alcohol, and I've seen some topics on "how old should I try weed" which pretty much agree 10 years old is way to young. Now I'm pretty much fighting with myself to do the right thing or to be the cool older brother. This is my problem How dare I show this little boys the bad side of life the drugs,gangs,violence of the world, but then at his age this is all the stuff you want to know, I could be doing him the biggest favor I know I wish I would have had and older brother to tell me. Or I could be destroying him, exposing him so soon, overflowing his brain with bad.
Well a few minutes ago I had the biggest test. I was outside lighting up as I usually do, and my brother goes outside. I quickly hide with a pipe in my hand and lighter in the other. I wait a few minutes and he's not going inside, and worst my dog comes out and start sniffing to the weed in my direction, Know my brother is looking in my direction so I put the pipe down and come out, I tell him I was hiding from him as a joke and that I was only out for fresh air, theirs any awkward silence and I know he can smell the weed, we are outside for about 15 min. making small talk and the whole time I', debating whether or not to smoke him out right then n there well I decide not to, but I'm still fighting my self about it. I know and do a lot of things far worse that weed and I think it's only a matter of time before he asks about them. So any advice would greatly be appreciated if people find this wrong and now have me keep your opinions to yourself I'm not here to be judged, and in my defense I'm only trying to be the best older brother I can be. This is a sensitive subject I would never purposely do anything to harm my little brother.
By now I'm telling my brother everything I know abut sex drugs,alcohol you name it he knew it. So one day he asks my if I have any beer because his friend tried beer the other day thanks to their older brother, maybe I felt like I was in competition with this same friends older brother so I told my brother that I had a stashed bottle of vodka which was way stronger then the beer his friend had, would he like to try some, well he instantly agreed so that night he tried his first mini shot of vodka. He goes to school the next day bragging to his friend, and I felt this big feeling of guilt look what my sweet little brother is turning into a mini gangster, he knows more about me then I did at his age, And yet when I was his age I would want to be just like him with the cool older brother.
Which brings me to today, my brother has lately been asking about drugs, weed in particular because of 420 and the help of a friends older brother. And seeing as how I'm a member here at weed guru I do indeed smoke the dope. Well I hesitated to tell him because of my guilt trips, I eventually did tell him about weed I even told him that one of my friends that visits my house smokes weed and that he told me to hang on to his pipe and stash, I showed him my "friends" pipe and stash felling proud of myself. Well now he is asking me if I can let him try weed. In a way I want to so I can be the cool older brother, but I really exposing my little brother to weed at such a young age, I've already made the mistake of letting him try alcohol, and I've seen some topics on "how old should I try weed" which pretty much agree 10 years old is way to young. Now I'm pretty much fighting with myself to do the right thing or to be the cool older brother. This is my problem How dare I show this little boys the bad side of life the drugs,gangs,violence of the world, but then at his age this is all the stuff you want to know, I could be doing him the biggest favor I know I wish I would have had and older brother to tell me. Or I could be destroying him, exposing him so soon, overflowing his brain with bad.
Well a few minutes ago I had the biggest test. I was outside lighting up as I usually do, and my brother goes outside. I quickly hide with a pipe in my hand and lighter in the other. I wait a few minutes and he's not going inside, and worst my dog comes out and start sniffing to the weed in my direction, Know my brother is looking in my direction so I put the pipe down and come out, I tell him I was hiding from him as a joke and that I was only out for fresh air, theirs any awkward silence and I know he can smell the weed, we are outside for about 15 min. making small talk and the whole time I', debating whether or not to smoke him out right then n there well I decide not to, but I'm still fighting my self about it. I know and do a lot of things far worse that weed and I think it's only a matter of time before he asks about them. So any advice would greatly be appreciated if people find this wrong and now have me keep your opinions to yourself I'm not here to be judged, and in my defense I'm only trying to be the best older brother I can be. This is a sensitive subject I would never purposely do anything to harm my little brother.