grow questions

The place to seek help for sick plants, and general growth related topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Harmony
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:25 am
Contact:

grow questions

Post by Harmony »

Okay I have been dealing for several years now and am ready to make some big bucks. To do this I will have to grow, now I have read just about every guide on the internet about growing. :wink:

I have a couple questions:

about harvesting:
After you pick the buds to dry will the plant regrow buds? If so how long does it take?

Also on averange how many grams would you normally yeild from: Blueberry, Northern Lights, and/or White Widow. Also what are the absoulte best ways to grow these strains. I am growing indoors, how do you get the most and most potent bud.

Money is not really a issue, like I said I have been dealing for well over four years.

Your fellow stoner,
Harmony
Blaze On
User avatar
Badass
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:29 pm
Location: somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Badass »

Hi... In answer to your questions...

1). If you want the plant to grow buds again after harvest youll have to re-veg the plant. It will take a while as it first has to get out of the flowering mode that it was in. Youre best bet is to have a mother and take clones from her so you can have a perpetual harvest.

2). Average yield is a tough one. Check the particular strain information for more details... http://www.cannagenetics.com Youll get a rough idea. It can depend upon various factors such as lamp wattage, nutes, Co2 (if youre using it) All sorts of stuff. What i can tell you is if you use a bigger lamp youll get better/bigger buds so long as you take care of the plant. Go for a 600 - 1000 Watt lamp. Youll also need to get an exctractor cos those are gonna out off a lot of heat.

You say youve read a lot, but from your questions id say you need to read a hell of a lot more.
Not in the face!!
User avatar
Harmony
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:25 am
Contact:

Post by Harmony »

I have read alot but since I have never grown, I am a little nervous b/c other then guides I am not sure what to do.

Any way thanks for your help. I have seen that alot of seed banks say this will yeild this much, however there are sure to be alot of variables in growing.

Do you have any suggestions for "commercial growers" or any really good beginner strains. I think NL and WW are supposed to be good, at least from what I have read. However I would much rather have some one expeirnced reconfirm what I already believe.

I plan on obtaining a 1000wat bulb. And I have six seeds in germination, two have already sproted and are ready for soil which I have as well and will plant them today.


Lastly I have read very little on cloning and what I have read I do not really understand. Could someone please take me through a very kindergarten walkthrough just real quick.
User avatar
Harmony
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:25 am
Contact:

Post by Harmony »

is the Sea of Green growing technique good for commercial indoor growers or bad. Does it matter? If you have had any expiernce please let me know.

Blaze on
Harmony
User avatar
Badass
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:29 pm
Location: somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Badass »

Hello again Harmony... What seedbanks state for a yield is only in optimum conditions in a particular setup. Varying conditions will give varying results. There are quite a few commercial strains out there like Big Bud (big yielder but not very potent although Hemcy Seeds have a Big Bud that they claim has over 20%thc!!) Green Spirit, Sweettooth #3, Critical Mass... the list goes on.
Northern Lights is a good strain for beginners as its a very hardy strain. Youll have trouble killing it!! Same with Skunk #1. White Widow is also a good strain. Whether youll have trouble with it is debatable (some people do some dont, thats how it goes sometimes).
Sea of Green or Screen of Green grows are very good ideas for commercial growers although i think you want to get used to dealing with one plant first before you try looking after 20 or more.

Cloning is relatively simple, heres a link so you can do a bit more reading...

CLONING
Not in the face!!
User avatar
Harmony
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:25 am
Contact:

Post by Harmony »

Now I know why people call you Badass! Thanks alot man.

Okay I have heard yes and no as to if you can grow bag seed and I do get really good thirties? Should I try this out or go straight to the seed bank?
User avatar
Badass
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:29 pm
Location: somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Badass »

Personally i would recommend that you try out the bagseed first. No point in wasting money if you fuck it up is there? Get used to your setup and its little quirks first then move on to better and more expensive genetics. My first grow was from bagseed and i have to say that it was one of the best smokes that i have ever had! Me and our lass were fucked from 1 joint. You can still get great results from bagseed!

BTW whats 'really good thirties'?
Not in the face!!
User avatar
Harmony
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:25 am
Contact:

Post by Harmony »

Thanks cause I have like 350+ seeds that can be used.

Really good thirties:
Okay in the states the price of an eigth is generally what the bud is called. So thirty bucks an eigth is 30s. Anything below fifty is shwag or tendies. Everything above fifties is Kind Bud.

Thirties is generally what I choose to deal in b/c it is more affordable for me and my customers then Kind Bud is. THough i will usually have a little Kind Bud as well.

Thirties is generally not real seedy, has a indica high, and well around here is what people smoke the most of. I live in the midwest so Kind Bud is to rich for alot of peoples blood around here. THough mayn others buy it all the time.

Thanks for your help and I hope I answerd your question. If not I will try again and go more in depth latter.

Oh yeah last night we were smokin (ofcourse) and there were two 30s sacs that we smoked outta of. One was a Indica wich is the normal for thirties. The other though to my surpirse was a Sativa strain real good high and I now have seeds from that sack. I can't wait!
User avatar
Badass
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:29 pm
Location: somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Badass »

Good luck Harmony. Let me know how you get on.

ps thanks for the info. I understand a little better now.
Not in the face!!
User avatar
lawnmowerman
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:36 am
Location: illinois
Contact:

Post by lawnmowerman »

the most scientific and truthful site i have found is
http://www.drgreenthumb.com/cannabis_se ... trance.htm
it goes through step by step but it is a botney site so may be a little difficult to understand all of it but good info ...
the mind is like a parachute it wont work unless it is open....
User avatar
lawnmowerman
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:36 am
Location: illinois
Contact:

Post by lawnmowerman »

sorry got my links confused people here is the good marajuana botney site
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Am ... otany.html
the mind is like a parachute it wont work unless it is open....
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users