Songs about smoking weed.

Hip-hop, house, happy hardcore - what do you listen to?

Moderator: Moderators

shadytossar
Why Hello There !
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:13 am
Contact:

Songs about smoking weed.

Post by shadytossar »

I don't know what you guys think, but whenever ive got stoned with a friend who plays "Because I got high" by Afroman for the millionth time it tempts me to very nearly break a big personal rule and punch him in the face. :ohjeez: (I'm not violent at all and obviously it ruins your high.)

There are millions of songs about getting high out there, can't think of any examples right now apart from Afroman because that seems to be the most well known and in my oppinion by far the most irritating.

What do you guys think?
sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:38 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by sugarstalker »

I smoke two joints in the morning
I smoke two joints at night,
I smoke two joints in the afternoon
and it makes me feel alright
smoke two joints in time of peace
into the time of war
smoke two joints before i smoke two joints
and then i smoke some more
Image
djexct
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: [ CapeTownZA ]
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by djexct »

Well it ’ s the funk elastic
The blunt I twist it
The slammer five
Buddha fine
Funk on your desk, es ’
Oh what you missed this
You got to bear witness
Catch a ho’ , and another ho’
Merry christmas
Yes I smoke shit
Straight off the roach clip I roll shit
Fold the blunt
At once
To approach it
Forward motion
Make you sway like the ocean
The herb is more than just a powerful potion

Cypress-
Whats that song, it features on the movie Sex Pot: we dont wanna get iahri, we just wanna get stoned
Image
[[[ Trance Of Trust ]]]
[ dJeXcT ]
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by andriaSRH »

Good topic idea..pretty sure it's been done before, but o well!

Bong Rippin Bong Bong Ripping
Beer Sippin Beer Beer Sippin
Head Trippin My Head Heads Trippin
Yall Gone Git Kottonmouth Gone Git High
Bong Rippin Bong Bong Ripping
Beer Sippin Beer Beer Sippin
Head Trippin My Head Heads Trippin
Yall Gone Git Kottonmouth Gone Git High



So pack another bowl, man fuck 5-0! :bonghit:

shadytossar wrote:I don't know what you guys think, but whenever ive got stoned with a friend who plays "Because I got high" by Afroman for the millionth time it tempts me to very nearly break a big personal rule and punch him in the face. :ohjeez: (I'm not violent at all and obviously it ruins your high.)

There are millions of songs about getting high out there, can't think of any examples right now apart from Afroman because that seems to be the most well known and in my oppinion by far the most irritating.

What do you guys think?
The one song I really can't stand listening to anymore about weed is Blueberry Yum Yum by Ludacris. I was forced to listen to it everyday during the summer a coupld summers ago. GRRR.
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3688
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

really? i love Blueberry Yum Yum.

Bonethugz n Harmony - the weed song, bad weed blues, weedman, buddha lovaz, budsmokaz only.



There are way too many to list all the ones i've heard.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by andriaSRH »

The first...o..twenty or so times were okay. The first time I heard it the beat tripped me out. Felt like I was moving in slow motion or something.





blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by blackxs »

I really dont like listening to songs about smoking weed while smoking weed

I prefer listening to those songs on my way to picking up, to get me in the mood

Then I just listen to whatever chill relaxing music I like when smoking, I have been really big into Jazz recently
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by SpRi7e »

what kind of jazz? My good friend listens to jazz every once in a while and he's real picky with what culture of jazz it is for some reason

once again blacky's with my answer, I USED to listen to weed smoking songs all the time while high, but it's just... overplayed. I don't really listen to songs much anymore that are purely about weed, unless it's reggae or something close to it..shit I barely even talk about weed anymore unless someone else brings it up.

Here's some good artists though

Slightly stoopid (saw em' in concert, fuckin awesome)
cypress hill
collie buddz (only a few songs though)
KMK (not as much anymore, when you hear 200 songs purely about them smoking weed and having the best weed, it gets played out easily..but they got some sick tunes for sure)
some kid cudi
sublime (obviously lol)
damian marley (especially his CD with nas, they're my favorite duo)
jack johnson
tech n9ne
A perfect Circle
TOOL (FOR SURE, one of my favorite bands..fucking amazing)
atmosphere (real good beats, awesome lyrics/stories)
incubus
dave matthews band

I'll post more if I remember
Peace Not Greed.
blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by blackxs »

I started listening to some croatian jazz awhile ago but wasnt huge into it, rediscovered it and now I will listen to anything. Every culture does have a different style, it really depends what mood im in. I really like European and Latin-influenced Jazz.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by SpRi7e »

any recommended jazz bands? It's awesomely chill when you're in the right mood for sure.. I just never got around to finding any good ones
Peace Not Greed.
blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by blackxs »

Jamiroquai (has lyrics but still pretty chill)
Aisha Duo


I really like a lot of house music influence in the jazz i listen to as well (this is probably my favorite style)
Jasmin & face


Cal Tjader is a little more upbeat stuff
I love listening to stuff like this when I tend to my plants, it keeps me focused and upbeat but I dont end up singing along to the songs and getting distracted and what not



smooth jazz
house jazz
acid jazz
It all sounds great to me, I am also still discovering it as a music I can listen to, its very relaxing background noise if you are doing something, chilling with friends smoking, or just whatever your doing
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma
sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:38 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by sugarstalker »

Django Reinhardt!!!
Image
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3688
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

Rick James - Mary Jane
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by andriaSRH »

SpRi7e wrote:KMK (not as much anymore, when you hear 200 songs purely about them smoking weed and having the best weed, it gets played out easily..but they got some sick tunes for sure)
some kid cudi
tech n9ne
A perfect Circle
incubus
I like your style.

Yea...after writing like a billion songs about smoking weed..(imo)..KMK has run out of things to write about. The Green Album really disappointed me. Guess they thought bringing Dirtball into the mix would make their music better or whatever..but in all actuality the only songs that are worth are the ones that he is basically the only rapper on. Image

They used to be my favorite group but now I only listen to them every once in a while.


(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5762
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Songs about smoking weed.

Post by (weedguru)scarf »

woah
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users