- Weedguru Higher
- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
1. Take a normal breath of air and exhale fully so as to 'empty' out your lungs in preparation for inhaling the smoke from your joint.
2. Place the roached end gently between your lips, in the center or to the side according to preference. Place it far enough into your mouth to form an airtight seal but not far enough back where it will touch the wet part of your lips. If necessary draw your lips inwards slightly to hold it in place.
3. Light your match or lighter an inch or so away from the end of the joint.
4. Bring the flame almost to the tip of the joint and suck on the joint in short burst(s). Usually only one "puff" is necessary to fully light most cigarettes. Do not inhale or exhale as you do this. The sucking action will draw the flame to the tip and light the end of the joint, and the sucking action will bring smoke into your mouth. Most smokers do not inhale the first bit of smoke.
5. Once the joint is lit, extinguish the match (or malfunctioning lighter, if necessary). Most smokers shake out the match. Place the extinguished match in the ashtray.
6. Remove the joint from your mouth and exhale.
7. To inhale marijuana smoke into your lungs, place the cigarette in between your lips as before, and suck the desired amount of smoke into your mouth.
8. Keep inhaling as you remove the joint from your mouth, allowing the smoke to flow smoothly into your lungs.
* Note that coughing is caused only by smoke hitting the back of your throat, not your lungs. Drawing the smoke directly into your lungs, and pulling in fresh air immediately behind it, can make it much easier to avoid coughing.
9. Some smokers prefer to hold the smoke in their mouth for a second before inhaling. The short time the smoke is in your mouth plus mixing air in with the smoke cools it slightly so the hot smoke does not burn your throat nearly as much. Some smokers prefer the cooler smoke; others find not inhaling instantly causes an undesirable stale flavour.
10. Exhale the smoke through your mouth or nose.
11. Periodically tap the ash off the end of the joint into an ashtray. Take care not to drop the joint while ashing. If being held by thumb and forefinger, ashing can be done by tapping the middle finger against the cigarette, over top of the thumb to provide support. If being held by forefinger and middle finger, squeeze the joint tightly and the thumb can be used to flick the filter up or down. Some smokers may sometimes roll or break off the ashed end on the edge.
12. The joint is finished once it has reached the cardboard roach . For unfiltered joints, they are finished once they are too small to smoke. If the joint is smoked to too low a point, the filter will begin to burn.
13. Fully extinguish the joint by butting out in an ashtray. Crush the smoldering end against the bottom of the ashtray. Some smokers simply break off the ember in the ashtray, though this is a fire hazard and can light other butts on fire.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]