Laced Marijuana

New to cannabis?? Learn the ropes in here...

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Laced Marijuana

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:39 am

Laced Marijuana

Unknown Author

Though very uncommon, one of the dangers of smoking marijuana is the possibility that it has been laced with another, more dangerous substance such as cocaine, crack, meth, PCP, or even embalming fluid(formaldehyde). Dealers have been known to sell joints, blunts, or cigarettes dipped in embalming fluid and laced with PCP. Though reports of laced marijuana are infrequent, and most lacing of marijuana is done at user-level, it is important to remember that with unregulated drugs such as marijuana, the user has no way of knowing what other types of substances have been added.

99.9% dealers you will see are out to make a profit in selling 'drugs'. You will notice the more drugs you buy the more money it costs right? Well yes of course, so why would such a dealer lace some cheap cannabis (for example, 2g of middies for $10) that was only $10 worths with something as 'Cocaine' that can be up to averaged price of $65?! Now that doesn't make sense does it? So again, in shorter terms.. 99.9% dealers don't waste $55 in profit JUST to lace your bud.

Alright, now that we got done with the theory of lacing bud which is majority of our blades problems and usually the issues turns out that it isn't even laced! But if perhaps you still think so we will go through in a inspection to see if our bud is laced.
First thing you want to do is smell the bud, does it smell more distinct then normal or does it smell the same, *Take in mind that different cannabis strains of course have different smells*.

If it doesn't smell like any kind of bud what so ever and smell's more 'chemically' then let's move on to looking closer on the buds. Usually 3/4 of the time, visually you wouldn't be able to tell if it was laced. But for this part just look at it to see if it appears as normal, you don't want to be seeing things such as, crazy madness of snowy buds that falls usually when shaked and if the color seems as normal as what you usually buy.

When individual users lace marijuana, they may sprinkle powdered cocaine or crack into a joint or blunt, combining the stimulant effects of cocaine with the depressant and hallucinogenic effects of cannabis. This can be very dangerous, especially for a person with not tolerance to cocaine. Users have also been known to snowcap bowlfuls of marijuana with powdered opium or heroin, in addition to cocaine and crack. Again, combining other drugs with marijuana can be extremely dangerous. You have a greater chance of getting laced weed, if you buy pre-rolled joints or blunts..there's no way for you to see if there is a powdery substance inside.

Smoking a joint that has been dipped in embalming fluid or formaldehyde has effects similar to those of a joint laced with PCP - a drug that causes hallucinations, euphoria, and often times, panic or rage. Having a negative reaction is even more likely if the user is expecting only the normal marijuana high. In addition to these psychological dangers, marijuana that has been laced is also extremely unhealthy. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen linked to nasal and lung cancer, with possible links to brain cancer and leukemia, and should not be smoked or ingested in any way. Laced marijuana is also refered to as "Wet Weed"

Part of this article taken from http://www.cesar.umd.edu/cesar/drugs/marijuana.asp

giraffes
Casual toker
Casual toker

Re: Laced Marijuana

Post by giraffes » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 pm

:bonghit: in the last month, there has been 3 deaths of teenagers who smoked weed that was coated in a fine powdered glass.... :bonghit:
Make tacos, Not war[/b]

Blunt Docta
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by Blunt Docta » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:59 am

^
wow wtf

ive had laced weed once that i know of, bought a bag and smoked a blunt and afterwards friend calls up "oh yeah theres shrooms in that too" wtf?

giraffes
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by giraffes » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Blunt Docta wrote:^
wow wtf

ive had laced weed once that i know of, bought a bag and smoked a blunt and afterwards friend calls up "oh yeah theres shrooms in that too" wtf?

:bonghit: can't trust the dealers in my town
:( :bonghit:
Make tacos, Not war[/b]

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Blunt Docta wrote:^
wow wtf

Wait is this a joke? How would you not notice mushrooms in your marijuana? :scratchs:
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Not to mention that it's just a waste of shrooms
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Giraffes, do you have a link to a news article relating to your statement? it's interesting.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:50 am

yes, i've also seen it before, but asked if he had a link to a story about these 3 deaths.

It wouldn't really be a popular argument against legalisation. if anything it would be a good argument for legalisation, as we could eradicate this dirty shit via regulation.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

giraffes
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by giraffes » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:29 am

Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:yes, i've also seen it before, but asked if he had a link to a story about these 3 deaths.

It wouldn't really be a popular argument against legalisation. if anything it would be a good argument for legalisation, as we could eradicate this dirty shit via regulation.
:bonghit: there was an article in the paper, id have to jack it from the library to cut out the article. :bonghit:
Make tacos, Not war[/b]

giraffes
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by giraffes » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:03 pm

JTH wrote:
Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:yes, i've also seen it before, but asked if he had a link to a story about these 3 deaths.
I figured he was more likely asking for verification that glassy weed is, indeed, real.
Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:It wouldn't really be a popular argument against legalisation. if anything it would be a good argument for legalisation, as we could eradicate this dirty shit via regulation.
It could really go both ways.

Legalization: "No more glassed weed if there's better stuff around/growing is legal."
Anti-legalization: "People (particularly children, who don't generally have income) are always going to want the cheapest source, getting glassed weed."

I can't tell if I'm making any sense. Diphenhydramine is a wit-rapist.

:bonghit: the problem is, i live in a small town, where the town itself doesn't have a website. :I :bonghit:
Make tacos, Not war[/b]

greensp4rker
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by greensp4rker » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:32 am

wow giraffe... population?
Gorecore wrote:Every single day is a new adventure. A lot of us just choose to spend that day laying in bed, scratching our genitals, and snuggling with our babes.

giraffes
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by giraffes » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:49 am

greensp4rker wrote:wow giraffe... population?

:bonghit: 3,822 , mostly farmers :bonghit:
Make tacos, Not war[/b]

greensp4rker
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by greensp4rker » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:44 pm

that sucks... farmers you say... growing your own an option?
Gorecore wrote:Every single day is a new adventure. A lot of us just choose to spend that day laying in bed, scratching our genitals, and snuggling with our babes.

giraffes
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by giraffes » Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 am

greensp4rker wrote:that sucks... farmers you say... growing your own an option?
:bonghit: yep :) :bonghit:
Make tacos, Not war[/b]

greensp4rker
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by greensp4rker » Mon May 02, 2011 3:53 am

you should definitely try doing that then!

ps. happy death day osama!!! being american i care very much about this